Can't get wifi.

rusty95

Jul 26, 2011
A friend at work brought in a portable wifi. I tried to connect to it but was having a problem. The tablet would say I was connected but when I tried to go to my browser it would not connect. I have no problem connecting to the wifi in my home but I am having trouble with this one. My friend has a I Pad and connects right up to it. Any ideas what to do.

Jun 14, 2011
A friend at work brought in a portable wifi. I tried to connect to it but was having a problem. The tablet would say I was connected but when I tried to go to my browser it would not connect. I have no problem connecting to the wifi in my home but I am having trouble with this one. My friend has a I Pad and connects right up to it. Any ideas what to do.
first of all check Hardware model of that wifi device. also read its user manual, it may be configured for IPad, not for TAB

rusty95

Jul 26, 2011
first of all check Hardware model of that wifi device. also read its user manual, it may be configured for IPad, not for TAB

It worked with laptops and everyones phones that connected to it. I don't think it is the cinfigure problem. I was told it might be a security issue. I f you read my original post the tablet see's the wifi and says it is connected but will not let it go to the browser.