Connecting to WIFI

Feb 17, 2012
Dear Finest of friends,

I purchased an android 2.2 tablet (via 8650) and I am having trouble connecting to WiFi. It seems that it recognizes my connection but only connects when it feels like it. And If I have an android phone can I hook it up to this tablet and connect to the internet on the go? I also heard I can connect my cell phone and use the tablet like it's a big cell phone.
Help with this dilemma would be much appreciated.
Thanks Friends
~Desiree

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Go to settings/touch calibration and follow the crosses

Sent from my WM8650 using Android Tablet Forum

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Wifi isn't great on these tabs but check your router settings mine works best on 802.11b/g only (not b/g/n)

Sent from my WM8650 using Android Tablet Forum

rsalter1

Jan 4, 2012
Problem is probably your router. Well, the problem is your tablet, but the only fix I've found is changing the router. It's involved in the security and the way the tablet sees the router. I had to experiment with settings on the router before I came up with the right combination. Check this by taking the tablet to McDonalds (free wifi) and seeing if the completely unsecured router there doesn't play nicely with the tablet. If it does (and I'm betting it will) then you'll have to start changing settings on your router. There are a number of posts on this forum about security settings to try (every router is slightly different) to make it play nice with all your devices.