Can't Transfer Music Files

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Audio' started by henklol, Jul 5, 2015.

1. henklol

henklol Junior Member

I have an old tablet, a Samsung Transformer Prime TF 201 and I'm having problems copying music files, and only music files. Movies seem to work fine, but when I try my music the transfer stays at 0% and eventually gives the error message: "device has either stopped responding has been disconnected."

I've tried multiple types of songs from different sources, also stumbled upon a 'blocked' property on the songs (I have unlocked them now) but nothing has changed and the files still wont transfer.

I'm getting extremely frustrated at this point, any help is very much appreciated.

2. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    Welcome to the forum

It's actually an ASUS Transformer, rather than Samsung. What app are you trying to use to do the copy and from where too where.

3. EthanStark

EthanStark Junior Member

Make sure your music folder's permissions are set to allow, follow the steps below:
    1. Go to your Music folder, right-click on the folder.
    2. Select Properties, then go to Security tab.
    3. Click on the Add button. Under Enter the object names to select, type in letter E and then click on Check Names. It should now appear as Everyone. Click OK.
    4. The user Everyone should now appear under Group or user names section. Make sure to check the box Allow forFull control, Modify, Read & Execute, List folder contents, Read, and Write. Click on Apply and then Click OK.
    5. On the Music Folder Properties window, highlight Everyone. Click on Advanced button.
    6. Click on Change, Under Enter the object names to select, type in letter E and then click on Check Names. Click OK. Make sure to check the box for Replace owner on subcontainers and objects.
    7. Go to Auditing tab. Click on Select a principal. Repeat the steps from Step 6 to add Everyone.
    8. Under Basic permissions, check all the available options. Click OK.
    9. Click on Apply, then click OK.
    10. Apply the steps above to the destination folder on your phone

Ethan Stark