Casio Moves from Tough Android Watches to Tough Android Tablets

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
casio-tablet2.jpeg

Casio is known for some of its rugged watches and rugged Android phones. Today's news shows that they are branching out. Casio is apparently creating a couple of rugged Android tablets as well. The models they will be offering are the Casio V-T500-GE and V-T500-E. Both are made to the ruggedness specification with a IPR 54 rating. This basically means that you can drop them from 3 feet, and will operate when splashed or in dusty environments. Here's what else we know about,
  • Encased in rubber
  • Running Android Ice Cream Sandwich
  • 10" displays
  • Dual-core 1.5GHz TI OMAP4460 processor
  • NFC chip
  • Large capacity battery (user-swappable)
We still don't know any details on pricing or availability, but will keep our feelers out for more info.

Source: PhoneArena

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
Those are nice! I wonder how much. That's something that would be a much better fit for my inspections out in the field than my ASUS.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I have to say that looks pretty bad ass. Just like something out of a FPS. Ruggedized usually means a lot more expensive. I would guess $1000-$1500 but it could be as much as $2000-$3000 depending on what the ruggedness means in military equivalent. Yes, the government will pay that much so the price wouldn't be crazy if that is their target market (no-pun intended).