Change of rows and columns with default launcher?

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
What's everyone's favorite launcher? I'm still using IdeaDesktop. I bought Launcher Pro a long time ago, but I think there are much better alternatives now.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
I prefer nova launcher prime, less bloatware than apex but it's a personal choice

Sent on my newly rooted Tegra 3 idea Tab:) :)

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
I think Holo Launcher is highly rated. Have you any experience with this one?

Thanks.

No, really haven't tried a lot launchers, just switched from a sense 4.1 ROM to cm10 and it depends on which ROM for my phone, some are fine with the standard launcher and some need a launcher to remove Google search bar on every home screen

Sent on my newly rooted Tegra 3 idea Tab:) :)

a2109a

Dec 20, 2012
My fave is ADWLauncher EX, because of the "fast" option, which is important for my slow old Android-phones. The free version is worth a try, it can define rows and columns with the free version too and AFAIR it is opensource. Because I was unsure how the configure the launcher as fast as possible, I bought the EX-version with the "fast profile". The free version is part of CM7, maybe newer too. I have no CM9 or CM10 device. Since Jelly Bean I have to define the default launcher after every start, but only once with a "session".

All other launchers I tried, were not so fast. But you notice this with very slow and low RAM devices only.

rwaterspf1

Jan 1, 2013
Just my .02 cents, I tried nova, holo, adw, and apex. I stuck with nova prime but like said above it is personal preference :)

To the OP, I have not found any way in the stock launcher to make those changes

Nibiru2012

Oct 6, 2012
I personally like the Apex launcher, but as other posters here have stated; it's a personal choice.

The stock launcher is rather basic with not many features.