charging problems

bambi9770

May 9, 2012
i'm not sure how to use this site yet and i need help now if ya can help me. haveing a tablet is all new to me. just got one today and i charged it. i got a coby kyros mid8125-4g. the light came on saying its charged. so i unplugged it and tried to turn it on and it wont turn on. so i plugged it in again and turned it on. on the screen its says charged and the battery indicator is all green. when i unplugged it, the tablet just shuts down. what do i do. could ya please help me.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Bambi, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android tablets. Try holding the power on button in for a few seconds instead of just pressing it and letting go. Just tapping it works fine if the tablet was "sleeping" but if it's "off" you need to hold it in a bit longer. In case that isn't the problem, I'm moving your thread to the Coby Generation 2 forum for you, where more people with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

PinguimFU

May 30, 2012
Sometimes i have a similar problem in that the stock firmware has a bug that it fails to recognize the real battery size,and atributes a low "maximum" to it not leting it continue charging mine was going back to 5% always whein i unplug it,so what i did to solve this problem was,with it plugged in,i managed to proced to update the ROM with Nefarious Bread Custom ROM (Specific for my tablet) but any andro 2.3 and up will do and as it boot in from the update i left it do a "full charge" to calibrate the battery again,if you cant do a upgrade,try giving it a hard reset,to erase all data using the option to return to factory default in andro,s config,this should help it,if not iam afraid your battery is dead