Cheap tablet at Big Lots

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011
Don't know if this is reconditioned or not, but I got an email circular from Big Lots today advertising a 7" Cruz with 2.0 and 2GB internal on sale from 11/6 to 11/12 for $69. CHEAP!
I don't know how widespread Big Lots is, but it sounds like a nice deal if you are near to one.

Teatime

Nov 2, 2011
Radio Shack is supposedly going to have one on Black Friday for $49. Thought I might try to get one for my son. He says he doesn't want a tablet but I think if I bought him one, he'd use it. It's worth the gamble at that price, lol. I (or he) could always sell it on Craig's List if he really and truly didn't like it.

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011
I know the theme here (since I started the thread lol) is cost, but it's worth saying that if you're hoping a child will grow to like the tablet...I wish you luck. I tried the same thing with my son last Christmas (with a Kindle 3G) because he LOVES reading. I just KNEW he'd fall in love with it and it'd be a great father-son bonding moment. Oh, well. Problem is, he's also like me in that there's really nothing quite as old-school comfortable as holding a paperback. He will use the Kindle occasionally...but not much.
Maybe it'll work out better for you! One plus is that at these low prices, you won't feel too bad if it doesn't.
BTW, what kind is the Radio Shack?

tumpy

Dec 15, 2010
2 gig internal lol. that mean in total 4 gig drive and 2 is already gone towards the operating system, loading five to ten apps and that is full already, it make no sense to buy a tab with that low on internal storage and just buy your admission i bet it has 256 mb of ram.

Last edited:

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
My cheap coby 7012 came with 4 gigs, but the system only used about a gig of that space.

I've installed 34 app and moved as many as possible to the Nand space. It has a total of 3.08 gigs and has 2.92 open. So I'm using. 0.16 of that space.

I think a 2gig unit can still be used if you move as many apps as possible to the Nand area.

YMMV.

Oh! By the way, the big lots unit that starts on sale this sunday is 89.00 and has 4 gigs. You have to get there early. They told me they sell out in about an hour.

Last edited:

Teatime

Nov 2, 2011
The actual Radio Shack Black Friday ad is out now and I just looked at it. They're selling the 2 GB Cruz for $99. That's not cheap enough for me to take the chance, lol.

Tink1, my son is 23 and I figured it might be a fun thing for him to mod into what he wants or sell if he tired of it. But that was at the $49 price rumor. I wouldn't pay $89-99.

I love my Coby 7022, though. And I'll see what he thinks of it at Thanksgiving. I'd be glad to get him a Kyros if he wants one.