Chrome Beta for Tablet is the phone version?

yanksrock1000

Jan 2, 2012
I have Chrome Beta on my Acer Icoina Tab a100 running Android ICS.I was really excited to finally have a real web browsing experience when I downloaded chrome, but to my unpleasant surprise, Its just a big Chrome for Phone!
I have a 7 inch TABLET. Shouldn't the Tabs be arranged like they are on my Chrome for desktop?
Is there any way to change this?
Thanks!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
This is "Beta" software so it is going to have issues. There is not a separate Chrome for phones and tablets. I don't see why Chrome for Android would be like your desktop, it is an Android app. Make sure you have the latest Chrome update.

It is also possible that your tablet settings are such that ICS and the Chrome app think your device is a phone. The lcd density plays a role here and above or below a certain threshold tells the OS what type of device you have. There may be other factors but that is at least one.

yanksrock1000

Jan 2, 2012
This is "Beta" software so it is going to have issues. There is not a separate Chrome for phones and tablets. I don't see why Chrome for Android would be like your desktop, it is an Android app. Make sure you have the latest Chrome update.

It is also possible that your tablet settings are such that ICS and the Chrome app think your device is a phone. The lcd density plays a role here and above or below a certain threshold tells the OS what type of device you have. There may be other factors but that is at least one.

It may be the same chrome beta, but its still different. The real difference is tabbed browsing. Which is what I want :|

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It may be the same chrome beta, but its still different. The real difference is tabbed browsing. Which is what I want :|

Yes, tablet and phone will look a little different and depending on your device you will see either the tablet version or the phone version. Both have tabbed browsing though Chrome for Android - Beta. Additionally there are many many Android browsers that allow tabbed browsing (including the default browser), you don't need Chrome for that :)