Chrome browser Not Clearing Cache

isaAndroid

Jul 15, 2012
Does anyone know if there is a problem clearing cache? It does not seem to be doing anything.

Thanks in advance.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Does anyone know if there is a problem clearing cache? It does not seem to be doing anything.

Thanks in advance.

How do you know it isn't clearing the cache? Did you go to settings apps all and find Chrome and tell it to clear cache, and possibly even data. That would clean it up big time.

isaAndroid

Jul 15, 2012
Thank you for reply. I do clear cache but when going back to the browser, the recent sites are still there.
Clearing data works as expected and everything gets cleared including favorites.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
What it sounds like you are seeing is not technically cache but the history, which is why I asked. Cache simply caches some pages so they will display quicker next time you visit but is totally separate from history and bookmarks. In order to see cache you would probably need to be rooted and even then I'm not certain you could make heads or tails of it.

sam169

Aug 24, 2012
I had the same problem(see my thread Deleting/Managing History in the Q/A forum.I don't have Chrome,just Google.I have just installed an App frpm Playstore called History Eraser Dumapic and it has done the trick.You do have to tel it when you want it to deleteyur History.