CM7 Themes

Goldberry

Apr 29, 2011
Using CM7 from SD card.

Is it possible to place a digital clock and weather on my main screen that I use for popular apps?

Or can someone point me to a decent theme that has this setup already

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011
You can use either fancy widget or beautiful widget. I have used Fancy in the past and they have some nice themes you can download and add to it:

Android Does

Goldberry

Apr 29, 2011
You can use either fancy widget or beautiful widget. I have used Fancy in the past and they have some nice themes you can download and add to it:

Android Does

Thanks I was also recommended those from someone else and am using the Fancy Widget.

My problem is the widget called clock from the widgets on CM7 gaaps will not delete. Have tried everything. You can't move it and no remove balloon box comes up if held. Can't even remove the app clock that it seems to be part of from my apps. Undelete gives an unable to or some such message.

DeeMat

Oct 19, 2010
Been using Fancy Widget for a while and was happy to see that the Pro version was free at the Amazon Appstore the other day.

I am not sure how to solve your issue as I am not currently on CM7.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Thanks I was also recommended those from someone else and am using the Fancy Widget.

My problem is the widget called clock from the widgets on CM7 gaaps will not delete. Have tried everything. You can't move it and no remove balloon box comes up if held. Can't even remove the app clock that it seems to be part of from my apps. Undelete gives an unable to or some such message.

I think I just realized what clock "widget" you are talking about. I have been running rooted 2.1 since the B&N 1.2 update to see if it might install even with CWR installed (it hasn't) so I haven't been thinking too much in CM7 terms. Then suddenly it came to me what you are talking about. It isn't really a clock widget you are talking about but the built in CM7 clock icon that lets you launch the "nightstand clock."

Popping in CM7 now to check it out but basically I think it is part of the customization of ADW that is built into CM7. I switched to VTL Launcher a while back and it is not part of the launcher so I didn't really think about it. If you really can't stand the shortcut on your desktop then using a different launcher might be a solution.

JP

Last edited:

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
hmm, if it is a widget installed on home screen than you should just long press and hold n drag over to the trash can

as for clock and weather it really depends on what you want - lots of options from the market - i use typoClock for my clock and Beautiful widgets for my weather - older picture below but i am now on cm7 with the same widgets

1148341898_SxkhK-XL.png

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
hmm, if it is a widget installed on home screen than you should just long press and hold n drag over to the trash can

as for clock and weather it really depends on what you want - lots of options from the market - i use typoClock for my clock and Beautiful widgets for my weather - older picture below but i am now on cm7 with the same widgets

1148341898_SxkhK-XL.png

AT are you using zeam luancher? I think you aren't seeing the "clock widget" either because it is part of ADW but it is in the app drawer called "clock" as soon as my Nook finishes updating I am going to open ADW to see if you can remove the clock shortcut or if it is baked in.

JP

Last edited:

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
ahh you're right JP - i am using Zeam - first thing i did after loading cm7 is install zeam

AT are you using zeam luancher? I think you aren't seeing the "clock widget" either because it is part of ADW but it is in the app drawer called "clock" as soon as my Nook finishes updating I am going to open ADW to see if you can remove the clock shortcut or if it is baked in.

JP

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Goldberry, the bad news is that the "clock widget" if we are talking about the same thing can be moved and deleted from the home screen if you desire, even in ADW. I didn't try to delete it from the app drawer but it seems you have another issue at work here anyway. Launching the app I am able to return home out of the clock mode with any of the traditional navigation methods (the builit in home button in the app, the n button, the tablet soft home and even the back arrow).

The good news is that you are able to manipulate it if you need to. If it really bothers you I would suggest a clean install of CM7.

JP

Goldberry

Apr 29, 2011
Thanks everyone for helping. I finally have the widget removed. Not sure what the problem was but the widget was displaying information not available and for some reason it was not determining my location, tried setting location manually and that didn't work. Someone mentioned to lay the NC flat. So after touching this thing literally hundreds of times over the last two days trying to get the balloon with remove to come up it finally worked. Not for me though, I was so frustrated I said to my wife you try it. After getting her to keep her finger on at a few attempts it moved and I had her drag it to the bottom of the screen. Then I was able to touch it and have the box pop up and removed it. I think laying it completely flat may have been the key.