Coby 7022 Screen Compared toa Nook Color?

alton987

Jul 3, 2011
If you have owned a nook color how would you compare the screen quality? I know the technical difference but I'm curious about everyone's real world usage when trying to read or watch videos on the Coby 7022?

Thanks
Alton

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
If you have owned a nook color how would you compare the screen quality? I know the technical difference but I'm curious about everyone's real world usage when trying to read or watch videos on the Coby 7022?

Thanks
Alton

I haven't seen the nook screen but I've seen the galaxy screen which I've been told is the same. There is no comparison. Not to say the coby screen is bad but it doesn't hold a candle.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

nsxracingy2k

Jul 3, 2011
I've been following this forum for a while now but haven't made an account 'til now. I own a Nook Color (rooted running CM7). After a lot researching online for a 2nd tablet, I decided to buy the Coby Kyros MID7022 two days ago at Toyr R Us (for $180 plus a $25 gift card - not too bad). Overall, I felt that the Coby 7022 is a good product. I ran quadrant to see the performance of the 7022. It got 1100. That's good but not as good as a rooted NC that can run 3x faster than stock with modifications. The capacitive screen is responsive almost as good as the NC. I have two problems with the MID7022. First, the sensors are too sensitive. The screen kept changing to/from landscape/portrait mode at the SLIGHTEST movements. NC sensitivity is delayed until it "knows" that you want that certain screen mode. Second, the MID7022 RESOLUTION is ok but not good enough for my purpose of reading PDF files. The quality is very noticeable. The NC is crystal clear w/o zooming in on landscape mode. It's blurry (but readable) on the COBY. I had to zoom in to have a clear view of the texts, which was really annoying when flipping to the other pages. I didn't now how good the NC was until I tried to read my books on the COBY MID7022. I would love to keep the COBY because it was a very good deal for 1GHz, 512 MG memory, capacitive screen, etc. Unforunately, I decided to return it today because of the resolution problem. Gonna get the family another NC now. I hope this helps.

PS: Another tipping point for choosing the NC over the COBY is software development. NC community is much stronger than COBY. If you root the COBY to use CM7, that CM7 version at this time doesn't support camera, HDMI, etc. It may be a while before something comes out for the Coby.

Last edited:

alton987

Jul 3, 2011
I've been following this forum for a while now but haven't made an account 'til now. I own a Nook Color (rooted running CM7). After a lot researching online for a 2nd tablet, I decided to buy the Coby Kyros MID7022 two days ago at Toyr R Us (for $180 plus a $25 gift card - not too bad). Overall, I felt that the Coby 7022 is a good product. I ran quadrant to see the performance of the 7022. It got 1100. That's good but not as good as a rooted NC that can run 3x faster than stock with modifications. The capacitive screen is responsive almost as good as the NC. I have two problems with the MID7022. First, the sensors are too sensitive. The screen kept changing to/from landscape/portrait mode at the SLIGHTEST movements. NC sensitivity is delayed until it "knows" that you want that certain screen mode. Second, the MID7022 RESOLUTION is ok but not good enough for my purpose of reading PDF files. The quality is very noticeable. The NC is crystal clear w/o zooming in on landscape mode. It's blurry (but readable) on the COBY. I had to zoom in to have a clear view of the texts, which was really annoying when flipping to the other pages. I didn't now how good the NC was until I tried to read my books on the COBY MID7022. I would love to keep the COBY because it was a very good deal for 1GHz, 512 MG memory, capacitive screen, etc. Unforunately, I decided to return it today because of the resolution problem. Gonna get the family another NC now. I hope this helps.

PS: Another tipping point for choosing the NC over the COBY is software development. NC community is much stronger than COBY. If you root the COBY to use CM7, that CM7 version at this time doesn't support camera, HDMI, etc. It may be a while before something comes out for the Coby.

I'm taking advantage of my Reward Zone account and getting a 45 day return policy on my nook color and 7022. I have had my nook for about 1 week and I am happy but I ordered a 7022 just to try it out. The much better video performance of the 7022 chipset has my interest. If the screen is not readable then it will be going back. But if i find the reading doable and the video works well it might be the NC going back. I'm not to worried about the software as both of these devices will be abandoned in 6 months anyway when tablets with twice the power are available for around $200.

[h=4]Archos 80 G9[/h]
Angling for a new Android 3.1 tablet, are ya? If so, Archos has a new pair emerging from Paris today, the 80 G9 and 101 G9. Predictably, the biggest differentiator between the two is the screen size, with the former offering an 8-inch panel with a 1024 x 768 screen resolution and the latter stepping up to a 10.1-incher (1280 x 800). Both of 'em are proudly using Seagate's 7mm Momentus Thin in order to scale to 250GB, but of course, only time will tell how a power-hungry HDD will do in tablet form factor.

Under the hood, you'll find a dual-core OMAP 4 processor (1.5GHz ARM Cortex A9), support for Flash, access to the Android Market and a full-size USB port -- one that's good for accepting the outfit's new G9 3G WWAN stick ($49). You'll also get an HDMI output, support for 1080p playback and a pay-as-you-go option with the aforesaid 3G dongle. The duo is scheduled to go on sale at the end of September (you know, just a month or two before Ice Cream Sandwich makes Honeycomb look like old hat), with the 80 G9 going for $279 and the 101 G9 for $349. Don't ever say Archos' accountants didn't look out for you.

Update: We snagged a gallery's worth of hands-on shots from Archos' reveal today in Paris. We're running back for more as we type, so hang tight!

Update 2: A reader over at Engadget Spanish noticed that the ES specifications link for the new G9 tablets mentions a 16GB + microSD arrangement for those who aren't feeling a 250GB HDD. Interesting

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
The price point is impressive, but I only hope the build quality will be a little higher than past Archos devices. Actually it isn't the fit and finish so much as the tablets feeling a bit fragile.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Damn $279 is a good price for that unit but too much for me after CA sales tax. Considering I have sufficied with an ipod touch 1G as my tablet/internet/apps device for the last 3 1/2 years I'll probably be using my 7022 till it breaks.