Coby 7048 memory question

jh77

Jul 28, 2013
Hello' I am using a coby 7048 tablet. I got google play installed yesterday and it is working fine. Ironically the game that i need for my son minion rush, the despicable me game....it say not compatible with my device on play stoore. i found an apk file of the gakme and installed it . it loads to the first screen and there is a messaage saying i need to delete 76 mb of data to play the game. The tablet is new and it has over a gig of free space, i have no idea why it wont load.. Anyone here ever had a similiar issue? Any suggestions?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Because the 1GB of free space isn't the data space the game refers to. Data is stored in a separate, smaller partition (@400MB) that isn't user accessible on an unrooted device. In your case, your data partition is full, meaning you will have to uninstall some of the games and/or apps you have installed on the tablet in order to install this game.

jh77

Jul 28, 2013
Thanks so much for the response Traveller. I am actually trying to delete some of the apps that came with the tablet, it doesn't seem to allow me to take them off. The tablet is factory settings right now, I am not sure why it is not reading enough memory. The error message says something about deleting videos and image, but I have no videos or images on the tablet. Any idea on how to delete programs that came with the tablet? Also, the Minion Rush game is only like 23 MB, I am wondering why it needs me to clear 76 MB?

I literally spent two hours yesterday getting Play Store installed and finally got it. Then I got to download the one game I need and it isn't compatible, lol, unbelievable. If for some reason I can't get this APK file to run, is there a way around the "invalid device" message on Play Store?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I literally spent two hours yesterday getting Play Store installed and finally got it. Then I got to download the one game I need and it isn't compatible, lol, unbelievable. If for some reason I can't get this APK file to run, is there a way around the "invalid device" message on Play Store?

Two hours? what took so long? usually about two minutes, compatible you need to modify build.prop to allow more apps.

Minion Rush my grandson loves that game.

jh77

Jul 28, 2013
Two hours? what took so long? usually about two minutes, compatible you need to modify build.prop to allow more apps.

Minion Rush my grandson loves that game.
I am honestly a noob with tablets, and while I can do some troubleshooting on PC's, I am definitely nowhere near an expert. I tried two separate sites on installing Google play since the Coby tablet didn't come with it, and neither worked. Finally I found a site with a file that I downloaded on my laptop and then I placed it in the tablets root, finally worked. All that said, can you explain " compatible you need to modify build.prop to allow more apps." a little more in depth.

jh77

Jul 28, 2013

Thanks Vampire. I just downloaded that file and followed the instructions....being a noob, help me out here. Is this supposed to allow me to play the minion rush game that I have installed on my tablet? Or will this allow me to get it through Play Store?

After the update it still won't run the game on my tablet, just checked it. If you can help me get this game running on this tablet, i will buy you two cups of coffee buddy.

jh77

Jul 28, 2013
I just realized that my play store says no connection now when I try to use it?

jh77

Jul 28, 2013
I just did the Coby compatibility fix, it still says your device isn't compatible with this version when I go to Play Store.

jh77

Jul 28, 2013
Did you clear the /cache and /data/dalvik-cache ?

I went into apps and cleared the play store cache...not sure what the data/dalvik-cache is or how to clear it? Sorry I am really not good with this thing lol.