Coby 8048 broken power port, part number?

myclodel

Jul 19, 2013
Hi, so I guess my kids were a bit rough the tablet and must of went running with the tablet while it was plugged in or something lol. For awhile now, it has been hard to charge, but if plugged in just right it would charge. Well, I took it apart and the power port is just broke, and I need to order a new one. This one is not fixable.

So onto my question: Where can I get one, and does anybody have a part number for it? I hate to have to order somebody's tablet with a broken screen just to get their power port lol.

Well, thanks for your time and have a good one.

btw, not that it is relevant, but I do have this tablet rooted and have google play it has been working just fine for the last few months or so, except for the charging problem lol, I have read that some ppl have had probs with charging while rooted, but again this port is straight up broke (on the back of the port is like a U shaped piece of metal, that from what it looks like connects the side feet when the charger is plugged in, that fell out and was all loose, but the feet were soldered on, so like I said, I need a whole new power port)

myclodel

Jul 19, 2013
lol, in the mean time, I took the port off, and temp soldered in the chargers wires to it(with an adapter to unplug it), but I do still need to order this port from somewhere, or find one that fits and rig it up lol

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Your best bet is to buy a broken tablet off ebay and get your spare part off the broken tablet's board. Coby doesn't have a list of part numbers for their tablets.

myclodel

Jul 19, 2013
Your best bet is to buy a broken tablet off ebay and get your spare part off the broken tablet's board. Coby doesn't have a list of part numbers for their tablets.

That's what I figured, though I may see what I can find around and make something work, lol I hate to spend 30 on a broken tablet just for that lol . If I happen to find something that is small enough to fit, I will post what and how I did it, though I would rather do it right.

It is charged to 22% now, but it has to be taken all apart to charge it lol

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Most likely you need to buy a broken tablet, that's what I do as well buy cheap broken tablets and fix them. Either get same tablet number or a tablet with same usb port type, as there are several, I always try to get a tablet in the same family if possible. in your case. 7048, 7047, 8048, 1048 and so on.

myclodel

Jul 19, 2013
Most likely you need to buy a broken tablet, that's what I do as well buy cheap broken tablets and fix them. Either get same tablet number or a tablet with same usb port type, as there are several, I always try to get a tablet in the same family if possible. in your case. 7048, 7047, 8048, 1048 and so on.

right on, thanks man, need to get some laptop parts too lol...

oh and btw, with me taking that power port off, and I put one wire to where the center pin would of been, and the other wire to where one of the 4 feet were, it charges (duh) but with 'nothing' there, it looses its charge very fast and wont turn off. well it will, but turns itself back on lol

Last edited: