Coby Technical Support

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
I just called Coby support this morning regarding my new Mid7015-4G in an effort to get it replaced, and the women that answered my call said that their techs were all on other calls, so she took my number and other info and said someone would call me back "someday", probably not today though. At this rate I will never be able to talk to anybody as I'm on the road a lot and can't be in front of the device whenever they call. Anybody else has issues with them before?

Davey

Jan 4, 2011
You're better off trying to returning the product to the place that you purchased it from if you are still under warranty. I returned mine to the retailer for a defective speaker issue and got a straight exchange.

I called Coby support over a month ago and got the same line as you did...they never called me back...they are the worst. Maybe you can try emailing them.

willber

Jan 9, 2011
Customer support can break or make a company's future sales.
The department I'm in charge of has mandated that customer support is number one as we realize that tech support goes hand in hand with sales.
Hard to believe that some companies don't get this. In fact, a lot of the times, the support is what makes the difference between companies as in most cases, products are products regardless who makes them.

If you don't get an answer, tell them you will not recommend or buy any of their products.

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
I checked with a local Radio Shack today, and they said I can return it to them, (I bought it from RS online). I was not impressed with the screen on the 7015 anyway but could have endured that if it hadn't become unresposive after about 45 minutes. I think I will pick up the color Nook instead.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I heard back from Coby's tech support today. They told me to buzz off. Their reply basically said our warranty is only 90 days so it's your problem, not ours. They flat out refused to help. Very disappointing. My 7015, which is in MINT condition except for the useless battery, is on its way to the garbage can. :( I can't solder and know no one who does so I don't see what else can be done.

mrbean1957

Mar 28, 2011
I can solder, order the batteries and I'll fix it for you. Just pay for the shipping. It benefits me doing this as I have a 7015 too, might as well learn how to do replace them. Send me a PM. Brad

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Where would I find replacement batteries? I haven't had any luck so far.

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
How did you determine battery failure versus a problem in the sensing/charging circuit?

Sent from my [restored] Kyros 7015 (Watery v1.2a[mod]) using the Android Tablet Forum App.

Cutty1

Dec 18, 2010
Hiya Sue ...'

Don't throw the Tablet away you can fix it yourself..As spider told you in the other post you can pry open the Coby and instead of Soldering you can just cut the wire enough to twist them together, you could also use shrink wrap after you are done...

There are posts in the forums to help you out.....

I understand what you are going through ...my coby had died also and I just followed the directions and walla it works and I get about 8 hours battery time.. it is awesome now..

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
How did you determine battery failure versus a problem in the sensing/charging circuit?

Sent from my [restored] Kyros 7015 (Watery v1.2a[mod]) using the Android Tablet Forum App.

Since the battery won't charge, I assumed it was the battery that failed. I'm told the crappy battery Coby uses has some kind of ridiculous feature where if it is allowed to drain completely some kind of lock kicks in that prevents it from charging ever again,

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
A PCB is a protection circuit module. It's a separate device used to monitor/manage the battery. If anything like that is required, it's built into the circuitry of your tablet or charger and all you need is the battery to replace the existing one. Select the NO PCB option.

Last edited: