Connection Error

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
When I try to send or reply to e-mail I get connection Error with no hints or explanation :mad:

The first thing would be to double check the settings from your ISP, particularly the port settings and if it needs authentication. I'm guessing that from your descriptiuon that you CAN initiate a message and that the only problem is with a reply?

You also might want to check out an alternative mail client like K-9 or MailDroid.

revwd01

Aug 9, 2012
Thanks for the response. The problem is the settings are the same for my Laptop and Ipad.

I reset to day 1 factory and re entered my e-mail account My ISP verified all settings are correct ?????????? totaly lost.

Device Anrdoid 2.2
ISP Mediacom

I can receive e-mails just can't reply.

I am new to androids so any suggestions would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Based on what you're saying it should be working and there is no logical reason why it isn't. I still think you should try with another mail app. I haven't used the stock mail app since December.

revwd01

Aug 9, 2012
MY ISP Rep Just told me This problem made them aware of a problem with 3rd party devices trying to access their server.
Thanks for your response.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
MY ISP Rep Just told me This problem made them aware of a problem with 3rd party devices trying to access their server.
Thanks for your response.

Must be a small or new company if they are just now realizing that but at least it's an answer. Better than no answer at all.