Custom roms...

NattyBee

Feb 13, 2011
Ok...so just a quick questiin...where would I find custom roms for the NC? Thanks guys :)

sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Ok...so just a quick questiin...where would I find custom roms for the NC? Thanks guys :)

There are only a couple custom Roms at this point. All pretty much betas. I am running phiremod Rom. But I would get use to the Autonooter NC and making backups with CWR first. Are you familiar with the Android OS and Clockwork Recovery? Things are a slightly different on Nook than on other Android Devices.

NattyBee

Feb 13, 2011
There are only a couple custom Roms at this point. All pretty much betas. I am running phiremod Rom. But I would get use to the Autonooter NC and making backups with CWR first. Are you familiar with the Android OS and Clockwork Recovery? Things are a slightly different on Nook than on other Android Devices.

Gotcha, thanks! I know I saw P3 post on twitter about the nook...it sounds like we can hope to see Tranquility move to the Nook ;) anyhow...

As for your questions- I am indeed familiar with Android, and with CWM Recovery...and yep, I can see I've got alot of studying to do on the nook ;)

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Gotcha, thanks! I know I saw P3 post on twitter about the nook...it sounds like we can hope to see Tranquility move to the Nook ;) anyhow...

As for your questions- I am indeed familiar with Android, and with CWM Recovery...and yep, I can see I've got alot of studying to do on the nook ;)

Well phiremod is working out pretty good for me but haven't overclocked it and haven't tried making a cw backup yet. Seems to be stable. Rico started a thread on it in nook technical if you want to see how it is going for us.

P3 that's cool. We should be getting a handful of roms soon :)

sent from my rooted nook color

NattyBee

Feb 13, 2011
Well phiremod is working out pretty good for me but haven't overclocked it and haven't tried making a cw backup yet. Seems to be stable. Rico started a thread on it in nook technical if you want to see how it is going for us.

P3 that's cool. We should be getting a handful of roms soon :)

sent from my rooted nook color

Indeed...and BBCrackman has said that it's a definite possibility we could see DarkSlide on the NC too ;)

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
P3. Has been working on HC I run tranquility on my droid x it.is great but I am hoping for some P3 flavored HC.