CWM Online Recovery Builder

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
I was just looking around on XDA Developeders and found this thread on how to build a cwm recovery.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=38225381
Have any of you seen this? I'm wondering if we can use it to build a touch version of cwm for us. I used our jb recovery.img and uploaded it but I'm not exactly sure what to do with all the files that it out out. I selected the touch recovery.
This is the file number and link to it if anyone wants to check it out on the site.

76f00512112887b92f0d656
http://jenkins.cyanogenmod.com/job/recovery/19603/

Here is a link to the recovery builder.
http://builder.clockworkmod.com/

Let me know what you think. I'm not sure if I should try to flash the recovery.img or what.

flopower1996

Feb 8, 2013
have you tried to flash the recovery.img via fastboot? Because you have 2 recovery.img's one is the input recovery and the other the output recovery (the touch recovery).

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
have you tried to flash the recovery.img via fastboot? Because you have 2 recovery.img's one is the input recovery and the other the output recovery (the touch recovery).

No I was falling asleep, I'll mess with it later today if I have time.

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
Ok I used an app called recovery flasher to flash the recovery.img and thought it didnt work but I went back to that site and noticed that the recovery that it built had no changes so I think the app worked like it should. I was half asleep last night so I missed that. IDK why it had no changes but at least I'm pretty sure we could use that app to flash recovery.img's.

I posted a link in case anyone would like to test this Recovery Flasher Utility to confirm it works. It could be useful if we start getting more options of recoverys or even going back and forth from ICS-JB.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Ok I used an app called recovery flasher to flash the recovery.img and thought it didnt work but I went back to that site and noticed that the recovery that it built had no changes so I think the app worked like it should. I was half asleep last night so I missed that. IDK why it had no changes but at least I'm pretty sure we could use that app to flash recovery.img's.

I posted a link in case anyone would like to test this Recovery Flasher Utility to confirm it works. It could be useful if we start getting more options of recoverys or even going back and forth from ICS-JB.

Are you sure this works? the first review says it doesn't work on nexus which is same structure as our tablet.

Last edited:

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
Are you sure this workS? the first review says it doesn't work on nexus which is same structure as our tablet.

No not sure. I'm going by the fact that I flashed the recovery.img and it said it had flashed and it didn't seem to brake anything. I first thought it didn't work but then saw that I had flashed the same recovery so I'm thinking it might have. I was asking if anyone could try it to see if it does cause I can't test it again right now. I let my brother borrow my tab for a trip so I can't mess with it for a few days.
Sorry if my post was misleading.
It would be nice if it does work.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
No not sure. I'm going by the fact that I flashed the recovery.img and it said it had flashed and it didn't seem to brake anything. I first thought it didn't work but then saw that I had flashed the same recovery so I'm thinking it might have. I was asking if anyone could try it to see if it does cause I can't test it again right now. I let my brother borrow my tab for a trip so I can't mess with it for a few days.
Sorry if my post was misleading.
It would be nice if it does work.

I can test tomorrow, I use a completely different cw recovery than what you guys use, so there wont be any doubt if it works or not.

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
I can test tomorrow, I use a completely different cw recovery than what you guys use, so there wont be any doubt if it works or not.

What recovery are you using? Is it the same one just modified for dual boot? I still haven't gotten a sd card to try the dual yet, thats why I haven't messed with it.
While your here I have a question. Have you thought about trying to port the Ubuntu phone os to this tablet?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
What recovery are you using? Is it the same one just modified for dual boot? I still haven't gotten a sd card to try the dual yet, thats why I haven't messed with it.
While your here I have a question. Have you thought about trying to port the Ubuntu phone os to this tablet?

The recovery I use is 6.0.2.7, the recovery you all use is either 6.0.1.9c or 6.0.1.9d, I have modified the 6.0.2.7 recovery for my dual boot use. So when I get around to testing the app, if it works I will see 6.0.1.9c or 6.0.1.9d, if I see 6.0.2.7 then app doesn't work.

Yes I am trying to port Ubuntu OS I installed it but couldn't get it to boot, as it's built off of 4.2 source, So I need a 4.2 kernel, hopefully this new source can produce a 4.2 jb kernel.

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
Just got around to testing app it doesn't flash anything, app is useless on our tablet.

I was thinking that cause I was looking around the n7 Forums on XDA and read it would need flash_image. I did read over there that the terminal emulater works for them.
The command is

dd if=/sdcard/(your recovery name).img of =/de/block/mmcblk0p1

Would it be the same for us?

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
Have you tried making a touch recovery for this tablet? I would really love to have twrp but would settle for cwm.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Have you tried making a touch recovery for this tablet? I would really love to have twrp but would settle for cwm.

That is a very nasty code, unless you know what you are doing, I recommend leaving the touch screen alone. the normal cw is build correctly, but not the touch screen, you end up in a endless dark, screen less loop, I am able to recovery cause I know adb, and how to flash recoveries on the fly, if you don't know you will be unable to boot once you flash the touch screen version.

inputrecovery.img is the normal cw recovery, just like you now use, recovery.img is the touch screen which doesn't work at all on our tablet,