CyanogenMod For Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Variants

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
$install-cyanogenmod-htc-one-even-faster-now-without-rooting-unlocking-first.w654.jpg

This thread is to attract the attention of users wanting CyanogenMod installed on their Galaxy Tab 3 but we all know their are several variants of this tablet, So over time, Il update this thread with usefull tools and pointers from XDA Developers to help users out and inform of updates in development.

Note: Each method of root is different depending on the Model of Tab 3 (Wifi or Carrier) you own and what operating system you are using. Windows will usually use the ODIN method while Linux will require using the Heimdall method. Ask questions if you are unsure of a root method or flashing and unlocking your tablet. I own the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 and used the Heimdall method to unlock.

WiFi Only Models

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
CyanogenMod Development Thread (CID)
-Stable branch and Kernel currently in development-
Root and TWRP Recovery
Root and CWM Revobery

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
CyanogenMod Unnoficial
Recovery CWM Touch
Recovery TWRP

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
CyanogenMod Development (CID)
CWM Recovery
TWRP Recovery
Root Method

lloydsw

Oct 26, 2011
Well yesterday I installed TWRP & rooted my tab 3 8.0, primarily with the intent of freezing bloat like I had done with my phone. Turns out a wifi tab isn't overrun by garbage as much as a VZW phone (Razr HD). So now I'm pondering trying to flash a ROM. Wondering if you have any recommendations.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Lemme take a look over and see if theres anything good il recommend. Ik theres crap for the 7inch tab3. We just ported over 4.2 and ive been using that.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Cyanogenmod for Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 wifi has been post posed and or has been canceled untill further notice. Driver incapable problems arose but a firmware port was made via a cellular based firmware of 4.2.2

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk