Did I get the right SD card for my 970?

KnottyPanda

Feb 4, 2012
I didn't even realize until just now. I ordered the SanDisk 16 GB microSDHC Flash Memory Card that was recommended to go along with my Le Pan tc970 on Amazon. I guess I assumed (stupidly, of course) that it was for sure to be the right card for my tablet. Can anyone tell me if I ordered the right one? And if not, what I should be getting?

Not sure if this will post here or not... Here is the link to what I ordered. I'd like to know if this is wrong so I can cancel before they send it out if it's wrong.

Amazon.com: SanDisk 16 GB microSDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDQ-016G (Bulk Packaging): Electronics

HELP! Thanks!
Panda

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
A class 4 has a 4mb per second transfer rate. Which is good enough for the tablet.
The key number is the Write speed, as that's the slower of the two.

I would consider a Class 6 better, faster file saves, files copied from a computer for local play would go in faster as well, etc.

Check the performance of your card too - there's a lot of fakely marked ones out there. I am finding that even retail packed, Amazon source card is underperforming greatly. (details in the SD benchmarking thread, this same forum)

pogoj

Dec 28, 2011
I agree that you may want to reconsider the class 2 card. Amazon has greatly inflated the 'regular' price. It might have been that much a few years ago. I have a class 10 in my Le Pan. Get the fastest you can reasonably afford.

J

jimbo7630

$99.99 is totally ludicrous as an original price for a 16Gb card even for several (many) years ago.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Thanks all :) I was able to cancel the card. Now I just need to find one that is real LOL
What about this one ?

$41jpehf66laa300.jpg
16 GB, Class 10, even comes with a PC usb adapter, so you can copy things to it much easier. ;)

KnottyPanda

Feb 4, 2012
You all are seriously the best! I went with the one yann suggested and I'll see how it works. Once I get it, I will have to do that speed test on it to make sure. I read some of the reviews and most people were very happy with it and those who were not were able to return it simply enough. I'm hoping my Le Pan gets here today so I can get the full charge done and start getting to know it tomorrow LOL

Dec 30, 2011
Go watch this, i put up a video of cm7 on my le pan tablet

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited by a moderator: