Did some research thoughts anyone?

starfighter1

Jun 7, 2011
so guys I wanted to get in the tablet scene while its still kind of young. only problem I can not pick which one. Since I am on a small budget 350...ish and below its hard to find a nice one for the money. Now this is what I have so far

nook color (works great I hear and I am fine with the flashing and such, only thing I wish it had were more buttons and a webcam)

dell streak 7( love it so far I looked at it today at staples and am still impressed I just want a honeycomb rom :( oh well it will come)

huawei s7 slim ( like it a lot just unsure on rom development and the processor is not exactly what i want Tegra 2 is much preferred)

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Tegra 2 tablets are mainly for 10.1" tablets. You'll need a bit more 'dosh'. In Australia the price is around the $600 mark.

If you want the motorola xoom it will be around $800.

the ACER Iconia a500 with 32GB Ram is about $600.

beastman

May 8, 2011
Viewsonic GTablet issue $300.00 at Office Depot. It has a Tegra2 dual core processor, 512 ram, builtin 16gb sdcard, full size usb port, mini usb port, supports up to 32gb external mini sdcard, and a camera. It does not include hdmi, but it can be add do with a dock. Easy to root. I'm running Cyanogenmod 7. Netflix works on it.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

starfighter1

Jun 7, 2011
ok well I like the gtablet too. Thing is the two I like right now both have some issues the dell streak 7: low battery life, viewing angles, no honeycomb. gtablet: no android market, no honeycomb update, viewing angles. anymore suggestions?

beastman

May 8, 2011
Cyanogenmod 7 will add android market. It is at 2.3.4. Other options is vegan tab, but I haven't used it so won't say anything one way or the other.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

starfighter1

Jun 7, 2011
xoom is way to expensive in my opinion give it around 6 months and most tablets will be sub 400.

beastman

May 8, 2011
It currently costmore than upset at walmart (both wifi only and 16th storage)

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
Acer Iconia A500... full and mini USB, micro sd card slot. Same system specs as xoom (for the most part) complete with honeycomb (3.1, supposedly by the end of this month). $450 for the 16gb internal storage.

Best bang for your buck, if you dont want to fool around with rooting.

starfighter1

Jun 7, 2011
I do not mind rooting at all actually id enjoy screwing around with it. I do agree though the iconia looks great I played with one at staples.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Yeah ACER ICONIA a500 is okay - with 32GB $620 at JB.

And as for rooting the tablet can still be done - just a little harder to crack because ACER has locked it down. Some genius will make ACER swallow their pride.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
Yeah ACER ICONIA a500 is okay - with 32GB $620 at JB.

And as for rooting the tablet can still be done - just a little harder to crack because ACER has locked it down. Some genius will make ACER swallow their pride.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Id be interested to know what tablet (or android device in general) is NOT locked down? As far as ive ever been aware, no android device gives root access out of the box.