Do I have a defective battery

mobilemonger

May 15, 2011
I have a Flytouch IIv2 and have a tough problem with charge dissapation rates. I find that my unit can go from 100% to 14% in less that 30 minutes. I've disabled GPS and cellular radio (disabled by default with 0518 Tim4a) and I can still literally watch the battery meter melt away. Bad battery?

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
This does not sound normal. All i can suggest is ensure you have fully charged the device, plug it in and leave it overnight. They can show 100% for an hour or more before they start dropping.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Actually my battery isn't so hot either. Takes FOREVER to charge up :(

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
You can purchase the 8000 mah hour batteries from chinagrabber and swap them into your pad.
Also, you can reset the battery meter as follows:
The file is located at /data/system/batterystats.bin
You can delete it (Need root access, so you something like 'root explorer'), the system will recreate it, and "learn" from your battery, you must delete it only when your tablet is fully charged.
The best way to get it to learn correctly is to let charge fully while off, boot on power, delete the file,
reboot, let it discharge to the point that the system will shutdown on its own,
And then charge back again, and discharge again,
it *should* have correct infos after 2-3 times you do that.

mobilemonger

May 15, 2011
Works to me thanks man!

It seems to have worked for me somewhat. I actually downloaded the battery calibration tool from the market place and followed their instructions. It essentially does the same thing, but automated the deletion of the file for you.

I still get weird discharge rates according the battery widget I use, but at least I get somewhat better battery life.