Does Sylvania SYNET7LP tablet supports loop devices?

enmanuel17

Oct 20, 2011
Hi guys I just want to know if one of you can help me with this. Does the sylvania SYNET7LP tablet supports loop devices?
I mean the kernel has that support? cause I want to make boot ubuntu on my tablet :) Thanks If you can help me with this

Last edited:

enmanuel17

Oct 20, 2011
well I since nobody answer me I did by myself and guess what the sylvania SYNET7LP has a kernel that support loop devices.
It is so great .... now I am enjoying my ubuntu linux on my tablet. Omg it is so fast with fluxbox

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
I think a few people have discussed having linux on the tab though it hasn't really been much of a discussion for it... you know... being android forums and all...

Though I'd be interested in being able to run Windows XP on it....

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
yes, it would be nice to have windows os over on the tablet; however the problems starts with the drivers to run all the functions, these are android (some type of Linux), where will you get the correspond drivers for the tablet to manage a windows os inside of it?

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
suppose would have to start by seeing what windows recognizes... then start tracking down the hardware components and see if there are any windows drivers... barring that, see if anyone would be willing to write the drivers...

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Since my curiousity has been baited.... how would one go about installing Windows XP on something like this without bricking it?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Since my curiousity has been baited.... how would one go about installing Windows XP on something like this without bricking it?
One of the Disgo 6000 users provided one of the Windows CE files but there's more to it. See this thread for general information regarding Windows CE on another InfoTMIC tablet.

Flashing Win CE on a 7" zt-180 - SlateDroid.com

Last edited:

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Thanks CFR!

Lorenii, was looking that over, how functional is it for installing 'normal' windows applications? Specifically, have you tried running any games (MMO) on it?

lorenii

May 2, 2011
I really havent tried to run a game on it. The video card on the laptop is so old, I figured it wouldnt be much fun, graphics-wise.. Right now I use it as a wireless server for my security cameras and it runs 24/7 with no hitches.

Also, the same computer is running on a CF/Microdrive vs. a standard harddrive and is very quick. This is the same type of "harddrive" that I suspect is inside of a 10MT tablet, due to the same whirring noise that it makes at boot. Too bad you can't open a 10MT, because I have a 6gig microdrive sitting here waiting for it.

edit*** I have not run into ANY trouble with running any windows programs on it.

Last edited: