DOS Mode Error

JeffBaxter

May 30, 2011
Friends I am trying to download a Game from a website and getting the error "Download not possible is DOS mode".....What to do?

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
So, it's a browser problem and not an Iconia problem. I assume the an Android game, right? You can try another browser. Also, do you have enough space to store the file on the Tab?

JeffBaxter

May 30, 2011
Well I checked the space and I don't think that's the problem and browser is also not the issue i guess coz I can blame one browser but not two.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
The Iconia won't play Windows games. You (or I) can download it, but you can't load it (as in make it play) on the Acer. It runs Android HC 3.1.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
So is it a windows error ?

No, Jeff, its pilot error.

Seriously, how does one get to be old enough to afford an Acer Tablet without running into the fact that there are multiple operating systems for computer devices in this world and no software is designed to work on all of them.? What is the FIRST THING it says in the white box on your download site at Absolutist Games Site ? The first words in big blue letters: Free WINDOWS Games downloads.

Windows Jeff, not Android, not Mac, not Linux. It says WINDOWS.

Your tablet does not run windows.
There are plenty of games in the Android Market. Use those.

Never mind the fact that I, or any careful individual would be extremely leery of downloading ANYTHING from that dodge web site based in the Ukraine, just out of reach of anti piracy police and credit card fraud police.

Sorry if this seems blunt.