Dual boot Android 2.3 and Windows CE

sanjayrnath

Feb 8, 2012
Guys please help !
I have a android 2.3 tab with 700 MHz processor cortex a8 with 256 mb RAM ,2GB NAND and 2 USB ports and micro sd support.
i also bought the 7 inch leather case with usb keyboard and works fine
I need to install Windows CE onto it ?? or if possible dual boot android and win CE ????
Please help !!!
:)

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Unless the tablet has an existing firmware of CE available, it will not be possible. You do not state what type. The issue is Firmware is unique to chipset and configuration of the Hardware. Thus, you cannot just apply a CE to a Tablet and it work. It is not like a PC. Repeat after me, it is not like a PC. Unless the tablet has the option, the answer is no.

sanjayrnath

Feb 8, 2012
Unless the tablet has an existing firmware of CE available, it will not be possible. You do not state what type. The issue is Firmware is unique to chipset and configuration of the Hardware. Thus, you cannot just apply a CE to a Tablet and it work. It is not like a PC. Repeat after me, it is not like a PC. Unless the tablet has the option, the answer is no.
I dont think it supports , it comes preloaded with android 2.3 , Can i use something like boot manager to install custom RAMs like that can i install Win CE (any version) ?? i just wants a PC like interface !
im using the cheapest android tablet , the aakash 2 (ubilslate 7+)
and How can i check whether it supports or not ????

TheQCC

Dec 16, 2011
There is a device that runs both OS's. The Witstech A81-E tablet has an 800MHz ARM Cortex A8 CPU and runs Andropid and Windows CE.
You may just be doubling your problems with a dual boot tablet.
Tablets are NOT PC's.

sanjayrnath

Feb 8, 2012
Like plugging a USB which contain the Windows CE OS then altering the Tablet's Firmware so that it boots from USB when detected or else it will boot from its stock NAND which has android 2.3
Tablets are not PCs but still i hope there is some way ,after all windows CE is for small embedded devices ,
OR
Anyone can give me some links where i can learn more about the ROM , firmwares of ARM based devices ! I m a small Programmer ,So that alter the boot method manually to boot from USB like that ??
Any way guys ???
Please Help me !
I already bought all the stuffs for making it netbook like,