Email tool that actually works properly.

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
On Acer A500 I have tried running a few email clients but there always seems to be something missing. Main thing I want working is that the emails are saved rather than disappear after I read them.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Pete

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Your email provider probably has an option concerning what should be done with an email that's been accessed by a 3rd party email program. I know for sure that GMail and HotMail do. It's usually something like Delete/Leave on the server.

rcmolski

Apr 4, 2011
I've been using K-9 for email for quite a while now; it has tons of configurations and works well with my Comcast and Hotmail accounts.

It's also FREE!

Bob

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
Your email provider probably has an option concerning what should be done with an email that's been accessed by a 3rd party email program. I know for sure that GMail and HotMail do. It's usually something like Delete/Leave on the server.

Yes I have it set to not to delete from the server but that is not the question, once read on the tablet they are no longer there, they disappear when I want to keep them where did they go and why and how do I get them to stay?

Thanks.

Pete

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
I've been using K-9 for email for quite a while now; it has tons of configurations and works well with my Comcast and Hotmail accounts.

It's also FREE!

Bob

I did install K-9 but have not had a chance to play with it much.

Thanks.

Pete

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
I did install K-9 but have not had a chance to play with it much.

Thanks.

Pete

Okay I had a look and k9 is just the same, useless if I want to keep any emails.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

rcmolski

Apr 4, 2011
There must be some setting that is off...my emails remain on my tablet until I download them from the server with my home pc, even after I've read them.

That is the problem, correct? Your emails are not visible after you've read it with the tablet...

What email host are you using? Maybe we can go through some settings and get it figured out.

Bob

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
I want the emails to remain on my tablet until I delete them from my tablet, I don't want them disappearing before I want them to. It looks like this is the standard way all android email apps work and I am not happy with that.

Pete