Even the HP Photosmart eStaion is getting Froyo before the S7

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
Well compare the two companies. Who do you think has more money to sink into research and development? I'm not surprised by this myself.

Sent from my Ideos using Android Tablet Forum

paganor

Mar 2, 2011
Actually I'm quite huawei have just as much to throw around as hp if not more. Considering how much 3g hardware they sell.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Huawei was going to donate US86 million in hardware to get the subway system in London wired for cell access for the Olympics, if I remember that correctly. Unfortunately the project was canceled because the carriers didn't want to fund the project. I read that they are one of the three largest data telecommunications solution providers in the world. I don't think money has much to do with it, at least as far as R&D goes....

Huawei 2010 revenue US$28 Billion
HP 2010 revenue US$33 Billion

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Their R&D seems to be there. I think their customer support and marketing is where their issues lie right now...

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
Their R&D seems to be there. I think their customer support and marketing is where their issues lie right now...

And there may well be a strategic decision not to undercut the Slim until it replaces the gen 1 S7 in the sales channel completely. After that they may be willing to release the update. What do you think?

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
LoL, sorry my statment was made from how long Huawei has been making android based cellphone available in the US. They are relatively new here. I see that just started making android devices just last year in Sep. But, I wasn't really aware of how much they did for cellphone infrastructure. I'm surprised I've not read about them before. Then again I left the telecom world in 04 and Huawei wasn't in the top 3 of developers till 06 =P I was still under the impression that Nokia was still the dominant one.

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I really wonder what is going to happen to Nokia, now that they have crawled in bed with Microsoft. It seems they are betting their future on Windows Phone 7.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Never thought that when I got my first Tab (the S7), my Zeen which I looked at as a coffee table novelty (was more interested in the e-print utility of the attached printer) would get flash support before the S7. This means I can get PlayOn TV streaming support on both my Galaxy tab and Zeen and am still waiting for the same support on my S7 (not to mention accessories such as a dock and usb/video in-out support). Real disappointment, but I agree this appears to be purely a marketing decision for Huawei to bolster sales of the S7 Slim and Pro models (while tee-ing off the loyal early adopters in the process0. Thumbs down Huawei!

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
Got more info that may help the view of those who are frustrated at Huawei for these comparisons. The Zeen came out in Sep 2010 while the S7 came out in Dec 2010. So, if the Zeen has the update before the S7 it makes sense. They've technically had more time to develop it.

Either way they have not upset me as I probably won't be using their 2.2 update. I can wait for some of the guys here to get 2.3.3 or 3.0 working on here!