Few issues that concern me

raufhon

Mar 31, 2011
Hi guys I bought this tablet today and I got few issues I dk how to solve em. maybe u know ?

1. I watch utube and sometime wi fi disconnects :(
2. I didnt take off manufacturer cover on the screen. is it why it is kinda hard to swipe around it ?

3. the keyboard is just hard to use. is there like a bluetooth keyboard or smth I can buy to use ?

4. any advices for beginner please?

Regards, Rauf

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
1) I watch youtube without any problems on the wifi. Try another wifi channel maybe.
2) Remove the protective cover, you can get proper screen protectors, the manufacturer's cover is not a screen protector.
3) I have been trying to use a bluetooth keyboard without success, sorry I cannot help. You can get alternative software keyboards, like swype etc....
4) Read the forums here, especially the stickies. The two best mods for this device IMHO are the updated ROMs, and link2sd.

Welcome aboard.

woohhaa

Mar 30, 2011
1. I had disconnecting issues with a linksys WRT54GX router but it works great on my old netgear and the high end cisco APs at work. I use WPA2 security on both the linksys and netgear so I never really figured out what the problem was.

2. I kept my mfg cover on for like 3 weeks until I got a good screen protector. It gets better once you take the cover off but it's still not as nice as a capacitive screen.

3. I never liked the factory keyboard. Right now I'm digging the better keyboard 8.

4. I found that your pretty much have to use an app killer to keep it from having 12 or more applications you aren't using running at all times. It seems to have helped with the battery life too.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
1) make sure it isn't your router
2) get used to it...
3) Thumb Keyboard is another good one (paid though)
4) Flash the Singapore ROM