File Tranfer

sbergdor

May 15, 2011
Trying to put music and videos on my Acer Iconia.
When I connect it to my laptop I can only see the internal storage not the SD card that I have installed.
How do I find the SD card using Windows explorer?
I can copy them to the internal memory card and then transfer them using Astro to the SD card but it is painfully slow to transfer.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

buffaloquinn

May 21, 2011
As far as I know the current version of the software doesn't allow direct access to the external sd card while connected to the PC. The two choices right now are to continue doing it the way you have been or pull the card and transfer it directly via a card reader.
Hopefully the update to 3.1 will give us direct access.

gigabyte

Jun 10, 2011
I must be missing something on my A500, I can't seem to access the external SD card at all? The Settings section shows it as installed with about 5% used (I saved data from my old cheapo tab to transfer to the new one) but using a file explorer I can't access the card or the folders I saved on it? Is there a better file explorer or am I just missing the obvious?

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
Navigate to /mnt. Then look for folder "external_sd". The path is /mnt/external_sd . The usb is /mnt/usb_storage. And the sd card is /mnt/sdcard .

gigabyte

Jun 10, 2011
Thanks so much :) , I found it this time. The weird thing was the SD icon was not showing the first time I checked that is why I was having a hard time after a reboot it did appear and I followed your path and I found everything

Thanks again, I am now off to play...