Firmware up date failure

pindero

Jan 31, 2013
Please can someone help me? I tried to update my Galaxy Tab 3 SM T210 using Kies because my tablet failed to do it. I have downloaded Kies to my laptop which was successful but the firmware upgrade that I wanted to do didn't work due to driver failure. It recognises my tablet but as a phone. Can anyone explain what I should do in non-technical terms as I'm not too good. Thank you. pindero.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
This is just a guess but if the tablet would not take an update naturally, over the air, and it wasn't rooted, there may have been something wrong with the tablet. You may want to consider trying a factory reset.

pindero

Jan 31, 2013
Hello leeshor, Thank you for getting back to me, I tried a factory reset but it didn't help.I will keep trying the Kies program that Google came up with but I think that may have a problem too.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Maybe I don't understand where the problem is. It's possible there is no update available, in which case you wouldn't get one.

pindero

Jan 31, 2013
Hello leeshor, I'm sorry I didn't explain myself properly, My tablet started to update when I turned it on but it then failed to do so, I seem to have problems with these tablets and phones. I have a cheap chinese tablet which stopped working so purchased a Samsung Tab3 and now having trouble with. I also purchased a Galaxy Ace mobile phone which I have had to have repaired. I'm not having much luck with these products. Anyway thank you again for the help given its much appreciated. pindero.