Flash 11.1 and BBC iPLAYER - no go ?

advido

May 18, 2012
Just got a ZT 280 C91 ... ICS 4.0.3 ....

Installed BBC iPlayer app ...told me I needed Flash...went again to app market -

only choice Flash11 (no other choice)..installed that and iPlayer won't play....
Latest apps - latest OS ---- WHY .why .why won't it work ?

Is flash not compatible ?

:(

J

jimbo7630

Not 100% sure but I think someone posted that if you bypass the App and go straight to the BBC iPlayer site online you can get it to work.

advido

May 18, 2012
Not 100% sure but I think someone posted that if you bypass the App and go straight to the BBC iPlayer site online you can get it to work.

thanks but no ... --- still doesn't work on mine....

Can anyone else on here access iPlayer with ICS and flash11 ?

Only got this today and already wasted too much time - thinking of sending it back......

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Try a forum search. There are many threads about BBC iPlayer. It has issues but some people have found varying solutions which may or may not work for you. The best way to find those threads is to use the search.

advido

May 18, 2012
thanks but no ... --- still doesn't work on mine....

Can anyone else on here access iPlayer with ICS and flash11 ?

Only got this today and already wasted too much time - thinking of sending it back......

I've just about given up...I've tried earlier version of Flash (10.2) - that should work - NO
Downloaded OPERA mobile browser - NO GO
Downloaded SKYFIRE browser - agani NO GO...
ADOBE site doesn not even (officialy) recognize ICS 4 on Zenethink...
PLAY store just downloads Flash 11.2 and puts it on/installs but its (officially) incompatible with ICS Android 4 on ZT... That's why it won't run BBC and other flash programs - WE'RE BEING RIPPED OFF

I'm returning my ZT and getting something a bit better....

pdimo29

May 18, 2012
advido said:
I've just about given up...I've tried earlier version of Flash (10.2) - that should work - NO
Downloaded OPERA mobile browser - NO GO
Downloaded SKYFIRE browser - agani NO GO...
ADOBE site doesn not even (officialy) recognize ICS 4 on Zenethink...
PLAY store just downloads Flash 11.2 and puts it on/installs but its (officially) incompatible with ICS Android 4 on ZT... That's why it won't run BBC and other flash programs - WE'RE BEING RIPPED OFF

I'm returning my ZT and getting something a bit better....

What version of the ZT280 do you have? Is it the C91 Upgrade? If so the only version of flash that works with this device is Adobe 10.2. However, just to complicate the issue, the only Adobe Flash 10.2 version that work is the one that came preinstalled with the tablet. You will need to uninstall any version of flash you already have and then use the AppInstaller (found by using the 6 square button top right hand corner of the screen), navigate to /mnt/flash then /mnt/flash/media/pkg2.1.apk. Once istalled you. Will need to change you browser settings so that the browser type is android. Once you have done this adobe flash should be available on your tablet. Hope this helps.

ivnmad

May 19, 2012
pdimo29 said:
What version of the ZT280 do you have? Is it the C91 Upgrade? If so the only version of flash that works with this device is Adobe 10.2. However, just to complicate the issue, the only Adobe Flash 10.2 version that work is the one that came preinstalled with the tablet. You will need to uninstall any version of flash you already have and then use the AppInstaller (found by using the 6 square button top right hand corner of the screen), navigate to /mnt/flash then /mnt/flash/media/pkg2.1.apk. Once istalled you. Will need to change you browser settings so that the browser type is android. Once you have done this adobe flash should be available on your tablet. Hope this helps.

I can confirm the above works as far as websites are concerned...but still no BBC iPlayer..

saltleyloco

Sep 16, 2012
I have e.mailed zenithink about my C91 and there reply was they don't plan any upgrades for this model and they have launched newer models and are phasing this one out so no hope of ever using iplayer or sky player.
This is an absolute disgrace. Any one got any more ideas

benadlam

May 6, 2012
Bbc iplayer now requires bbc media app. All mobile devices are no longer being supported by flash and are moving to html5 hence why you can't even get flash on android Jellybean. So i wouldn't worry about not having flash any more. It's becoming redundant

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Acorn

Oct 5, 2012
Please can anyone tell me. I have just got an Elonex eTouch 1012 ET v2 (Android 4.0); it was a mad moment in toys r us, for £99. is this the same device as ZT 180 / 280 ???

I am just discovering all the things it can't do; compared to my desktop running Windows XP with Firefox and IE8. I have tried multiple differing browsers from the App Shop with multiple different versions of Flash. BBC iPlayer, not even close. Files like Player , only Firefox displays the page correctly and tells me the embedded video needs a plug-in for Windows Media Player. The others didn't even get that far, not even UC Browser that works with Flash 10 on my Samsung Galaxy Y phone. And I can't get the HDMI to work any which way. I think it is going back unless someone knows how to make it work. Elonex support does not respond.