New user - Adobe Flash and ICS

advido

May 18, 2012
..just got a cheap Zenithink ZT280 C91 tablet for my Dad ...all ok except it won't run Flash. I need it for BBC iPLAYER among other UK things...

It's got ICS 4.0.3 and 11.01 installed (latest from market)...but no go...

My Toshiba Thrive has no problems...

ttweed

May 12, 2012
I don't think there is a compatible version of Flash for Android devices running ICS yet: See http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-android-4-0-ice-cream-sandwich-just-yet.html. Adobe has released a Flash Player Ver. 11.3 in beta for desktops, but I haven't seen it available yet for mobile. You might try an earlier version of Flash, or different browsers, or go back to an earlier OS on the ZT280, or try another browser that might work better? Someone said on this thread that the Skyfire Browser supports Flash natively: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...uld-you-pay-flash-ready-browser-your-tab.html

Keep in mind I am a total newbie to Android OS and I may be entirely wrong with my answer here. ;)
I just got a Zenithink ZT282 C71 running ICS 4.03, installed the Flash 11 download and it seems to work for me in the Opera browser when I go to the Flash test site. See their FAQ here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/920749. I haven't tried any really Flash intensive sites yet, though.

TT

Last edited:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
advido, welcome to the forum and congrats on your new toy!

I have Flash 11.1 installed on my ICS tablet. It works pretty well, but not perfect. It cannot play facebook games and some sites crash when I try to use full screen. If it does not show in the market, it is not compatible with your device yet. Also, Flash was much more stable for me under Honeycomb.

ttweed

May 12, 2012
Found this news page on the Zenithink website saying that with their "newest Android 4.0 version on Feb 13, Adobe Flash Player can be supported." They show Flash ver. 10.2 stored in a folder "/mnt/flash/media directory" as file name "pkg2.apk" which you can install. I uninstalled my ver. 11 and installed the 10.2 version and it seems to work better. You might need to change the "browser type" setting for different websites, as they explain.

I tried to go to BBC iPLAYER site and test it, but they don't allow access outside of UK.

Good luck with it,
TT

advido

May 18, 2012
Found this news page on the Zenithink website saying that with their "newest Android 4.0 version on Feb 13, Adobe Flash Player can be supported." They show Flash ver. 10.2 stored in a folder "/mnt/flash/media directory" as file name "pkg2.apk" which you can install. I uninstalled my ver. 11 and installed the 10.2 version and it seems to work better. You might need to change the "browser type" setting for different websites, as they explain.

I tried to go to BBC iPLAYER site and test it, but they don't allow access outside of UK.

Good luck with it,
TT

....I've tried that as well. Remove flash 11 and put 10.2 in place..... still does not work with BBC iPLAYER and other UK TV broadcasting services...

Have decided to send it back for a refund..... will look elsewhere ! ...