Flytouch Android 2.3 Wifi Issue

jack1953

Dec 27, 2011
My tablet sees the router but can't connect. Router is Linksys and is 3 years old but just upgraded firmware last week. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Jack

jack1953

Dec 27, 2011
I don't want to start a flame war but I have never had much luck with Linksys which is Cisco's bargain basement brand. You obviously have a router problem. If you don't believe me go to the nearest place that offers free wifi and prove it to yourself. You don't state which Linksys router you have but if it is a model that offers "N" with only one radio that could be suspect as well. The first thing I would do is take all of your security off of the router and see if you can get it to connect that way. If you end up getting a new router I would suggest two things. You might laugh at the first. I would buy the router at Wally World because if you need to take it back they never hassle you. Secondly, I like routers with two radios. One for the "G" and lower bands and one for the "N" band. Like I said in a couple of other posts,. I know for sure the Netgear WNDR 3700 v1 works with the latest beta firmware as I have it. This router has been rock solid for me. I have never lost connection or had to reboot it. Besides the hard wired ports it actually offers 4 wireless connections. A personal "G" and lower, a guest "G" and lower, a personal "N" and a guest "N". The guest connections are nice as you can keep anyone you allow to use your network out of your personal things. It does cost a little more than the typical $59 throw away router. If I remember correctly it was a little more then $100 but I feel it is well worth it. Again, as I said in another post, I listened to the Detroit police radio on my Wondermedia WM 8650 netbook last night for 12 hours straight and it never missed a beat on its wireless connection and the WM 8650 is known for wireless connection problems.

Great post BCK! I took the tablet to McDonalds and it connects perfectly! I want to purchase one that is going to work in the areas of my concern. Does the one you have fit the bill as far as house coverage and using Mac and Windows? How easy is it to configure? Not sure about the G and N configuration. Thanks.
Jack

jack1953

Dec 27, 2011
I don't want to start a flame war but I have never had much luck with Linksys which is Cisco's bargain basement brand. You obviously have a router problem. If you don't believe me go to the nearest place that offers free wifi and prove it to yourself. You don't state which Linksys router you have but if it is a model that offers "N" with only one radio that could be suspect as well. The first thing I would do is take all of your security off of the router and see if you can get it to connect that way. If you end up getting a new router I would suggest two things. You might laugh at the first. I would buy the router at Wally World because if you need to take it back they never hassle you. Secondly, I like routers with two radios. One for the "G" and lower bands and one for the "N" band. Like I said in a couple of other posts,. I know for sure the Netgear WNDR 3700 v1 works with the latest beta firmware as I have it. This router has been rock solid for me. I have never lost connection or had to reboot it. Besides the hard wired ports it actually offers 4 wireless connections. A personal "G" and lower, a guest "G" and lower, a personal "N" and a guest "N". The guest connections are nice as you can keep anyone you allow to use your network out of your personal things. It does cost a little more than the typical $59 throw away router. If I remember correctly it was a little more then $100 but I feel it is well worth it. Again, as I said in another post, I listened to the Detroit police radio on my Wondermedia WM 8650 netbook last night for 12 hours straight and it never missed a beat on its wireless connection and the WM 8650 is known for wireless connection problems.

Well I took your advice and got the Netgear WNDR3700! Brand new with return options on Ebay. I believe that will solve my problem and also may provide my wife a little faster download when she is working from home!