Front facing cam ok?

lanlanb

Apr 11, 2011
Hey guys,

For those that have already received their unit (MID7024), just about to click submit on purchase of this, just want to confirm if you guys had any luck using the front facing cam with chat software, specifically with either Skype or Messenger Live, so far so good?

racemi

Apr 11, 2011
I have not tried it with any apps yet, but the quality of the image is not very good, so don't get your hopes up!

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
It works with Fringe, just a web cam type camera. From what I've read it also will work with Yahoo IM although I have not tested it myself. ( I have no friends )

lisaknob

Apr 20, 2011
I tried it today with Yahoo Messenger and it worked, the quality of the pics though is not anything to get excited about.

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Its a .3 camera, I don't use the 5 megapixel on my Droid for anything but goofing off. If I want real pictures I pull out the old Nikon.

raj

Mar 23, 2011
It works with Fringe, just a web cam type camera. From what I've read it also will work with Yahoo IM although I have not tested it myself. ( I have no friends )

Dave,
were you able to use Fring with Skype or Google talk on PC?

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Raj, I just did the test call. I thought I'd try it with facetime but my sister the iphone queen didn't know how to use facetime, and decided she already knows what I look like. :)

raj

Mar 23, 2011
I tried it today with Yahoo Messenger and it worked, the quality of the pics though is not anything to get excited about.

Ok, I tried the Yahoo IM 1.3.2 and video plugin 1.3.2 from freewarelovers.com and it did not work with my PC...the voice only calls worked though...
Can you please share the link of your YM download?