Full system backups..can you do it???

eckles

Aug 3, 2010
Hi, I've just bought myself a nice little 7" Apad. Is there any way I can back the whole thing up in case I need to reinstall the system? I'm a born fiddler :-D I expect the odd disaster! I'd appreciate any advice.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
It depends on which 'Apad' you have, but the easiest way is to get a copy of the original factory firmware before proceeding.

Chances are that the firmware pack is out there already.

What's your chipset?

You can make 'dumps' of the contents of system and data partitions to be restored depending on your product.

xpilot

Aug 4, 2010
Hey-hey, I have similar question - "how to" make backup (or dump) for my Apad (irobot, chipset ROCKCHIP 2808)? Thanks

eckles

Aug 3, 2010
Mines the same..rockchip 2808. 256mb via5332 mhz! 1.7.4 firmware. I have yet another question...how do you tell what the specs of your 'toy' are?? I'd like to make sure that its what I've paid for. Not as if we've got the same options as a computer is it!!

kannetkeifer

Aug 5, 2010
mine is 7" chipset is wm8505 deadly sure i will show you strip down the one comes with iphone plug at side and top left cornet is power vol down vol up processor speed is around 500 256ram internal memory 2gb only seen as two flash drive when connected to computer please help me retrieve original firmware and drivers from it because my friend still have the untouched one for me i cant wait to find out the truth wifi is really not working from the day one so i cant stand :)

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The best way is to find the original manufacturer software and flash it. Some models, particularly the Apad, have read-only filesystems and can only be written by a firmware flash tool.

If you have a WM8505 variant, you need to identify what you have before flashing.

Unless you did something to system files (which you probably did not), wifi issues are always hardware dependent, and it is safe to assume that it is a hardware issue.