Fusion 5 Problem

Doc Holiday

Sep 25, 2019
Hi. my 4 month old Fusion 5 tablet keeps cycling between 'Fusion 5 Powered by Android' and blank screen. Had become fully discharged and when try to charge up charging light goes on...tho this light goes off after about 15 mins. Can anybody help please? I have a music lyric app full of information that took me days to put on and I don't want to lose !

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You're in a bootloop. This isn't a good thing at all to have. The key question here is where the lyrics data is located. Is it on internal storage, a MicroSD card, or buried in the /data partition? If the answer is the MicroSD then you can simply remove the MicroSD card. If the data is on internal storage, you may be able to connect the tablet to the PC while it's in recovery and see if you can retrieve the data that way, then factory reset. If the data is in the /data partition, then unless you went into the device's Developer Options and enabled USB Debugging, your data is gone.

Doc Holiday

Sep 25, 2019
You're in a bootloop. This isn't a good thing at all to have. The key question here is where the lyrics data is located. Is it on internal storage, a MicroSD card, or buried in the /data partition? If the answer is the MicroSD then you can simply remove the MicroSD card. If the data is on internal storage, you may be able to connect the tablet to the PC while it's in recovery and see if you can retrieve the data that way, then factory reset. If the data is in the /data partition, then unless you went into the device's Developer Options and enabled USB Debugging, your data is gone.

Thank you so much for that explanation. I admit that I am pretty technophobic! Data isn't on a card so not good. Since posting, screen now totally blank and nothing I do can turn it on. The blue light is on indicating it has mains power. I have tried connecgting via USB to my PC but nothing happens. Distraught at loss of data !