galaxy 10.1 tablet 3 months old and screen has deep scratches

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
anyway to fix this?

very poor quality for the price. screen well looked after.

Seems a little odd, I'm sure the Galaxy Tab has gorilla glass, and it isn't exactly easy to scratch, you usually have to work at it. You could apply a good screen protector which should smooth out the touchscreen if the scratches are deep enough to bother you during use.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
Has this issue arised with or without a screen protector? Might seem like an obvious question and of course I'm assuming without, but have to ask. Also, is your Samsung device covered under any type of warranty and did you buy it brand new or second hand?

Jan 1, 2012
Has this issue arised with or without a screen protector? Might seem like an obvious question and of course I'm assuming without, but have to ask. Also, is your Samsung device covered under any type of warranty and did you buy it brand new or second hand?

without screen protector it is under standard samsung warranty. i have an iphone 4 and it has no scratches and is heavily used as well as ipad. clearly using other material for glass. oh well this tablet is damaged good now. very cheap screen. i guess i could put protector on and hope that it diffuses scratches. will call samsung repair center and explain issue. this tablet seems to stutter often as well. does not have the fluidity of an ipad 2. dont think it is hardware related.

Jan 1, 2012
it is actually a crack! Examined closely with microscope. i guess screen protector would absorb shock if installed. at least i now know the cause.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2012
and local best buy says many 10.1 users have tabs returned for screen cracks. i smell a lawsuit here coming with a flaw in the design. explains how it just appeared and more are appearing. too bad.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
and local best buy says many 10.1 users have tabs returned for screen cracks. i smell a lawsuit here coming with a flaw in the design. explains how it just appeared and more are appearing. too bad.

That is bad, especially if it doesn't show up until the point you can't return or exchange it. I imagine Samsung won't take responsibility.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk