Google Earth is offline“ error

energizer1389

May 25, 2011
Anyone getting google earth to work on Iconia? It worked the first time but now I get a “google earth is offline ˝ message. It's been happening for days.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Try Settings (lines in upper right corner) and see what database you're using.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
OK, I wanted to make sure yours was checked. Let me look around and see if I can find an answer. Obviously, one of your settings is off.

energizer1389

May 25, 2011
OK, I wanted to make sure yours was checked. Let me look around and see if I can find an answer. Obviously, one of your settings is off.

It actually worked the first time. I have some data in the cache memory. But now it keeps saying earth is offline.

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
Same problem here on my A500. Note that I have the same problem on a Samsung Galaxy S phone (S and S II). It works when I'm on 3G but not on WiFi... and the A500 has no 3G. :)

energizer1389

May 25, 2011
Same problem here on my A500. Note that I have the same problem on a Samsung Galaxy S phone (S and S II). It works when I'm on 3G but not on WiFi... and the A500 has no 3G. :)

Actually your right, it only worked while tethering from my evo 4g. Not working on wifi. Can someone else confirm?

Dude1234

Jun 13, 2011
Actually your right, it only worked while tethering from my evo 4g. Not working on wifi. Can someone else confirm?

Confirmed.

Moto Droid X with OTA Gingerbread.

Google Earth cannot connect via WiFi and spits back an "Error 10" upon any search.

Force phone off WiFi and onto 3G, everything works.

Freakin' figures. This problem kept me off Earth for a while as I only try to check it out when I am at home, connected to my WiFi. This thread caused me to disconnect from my WiFi for Earth Access (hah!), and I thought you deserved confirmation of the issue.