Latest Update broke Market

nicthemighty

Jan 5, 2012
Two new updates came through today, I'm now running 7.014.14_COM_GEN1 on my A500 (bought from PC World in the UK).

Since these updates, I cannot find most apps in the marketplace (Facebook/Google Earth etc.) When I use market.android.com, it's always displaying a message stating that the app cannot be installed to my device, or not installed in my country.

Any idea what's gone wrong with my A500?

nicthemighty

Jan 5, 2012
I've powered the tablet on/off a few cycles. I'd prefer not to restore to factory state though as I've got a fair few apps installed...

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I think your tablet may be confused about where you are located.

The market has to follow the rules of the country the user is in, and if your's suddenly thinks its somewhere else you will see this problem.
Its not broken, just confused. Also if the wifi you are on is some sort of weird vpn or pdanet you can get this problem as well.

Go in to settings / Applications / All, and scroll down to Market. Force stop, clear cache, clear data. Exit settings.
Start Google Talk app. Make sure it logs in with the app you use for market. (Google Talk and Market are weirdly linked somehow.)
Then launch google market again and see if it works.

My Wife's credit card expired, and it was the card registered for her Google market account, and she couldn't do anything in the market
till she fixed that, so check that out as well. Its in Google Checkout/Wallet: https://wallet.google.com/manage/#paymentMethods:

nicthemighty

Jan 5, 2012
Fixed the issue by creating a new google account in the uk, logging into market using the new account, then switching back to my account. Guess the market update broke something and switching reset it?