Google I/O for 2014 Officially Announced; June 25th through the 26th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
IO2014.jpg

Google officially unveiled the details on their next Google I/O Developer's Conference. It's only a two-day event this time, and they will be holding it on June 25th - June 26th. We aren't sure what big news Google will have for us this summer, but as usual we are enthusiastic to find out what it is. Here's a quote from Sundar Pichai's Google+ page announcing the event:

Only 126 days until the 7th annual Google I/O, when we come together with amazing developers like you to talk about what's next. On June 25-26, 2014, we’ll be broadcasting live from Moscone West. You can join us in person in San Francisco or remotely, via a live stream and through I/O Extended community events around the world.

More details to come next month, including registration info. In the meantime, you can check out highlights from last year at https://developers.google.com/events/io/.

Also, quick note for those who want to join in person: this year we’re making some changes to registration, so you won’t need to scramble the second registration opens. We'll be implementing a new system, where you can submit your interest to attend Google I/O 2014. Successful applicants will then be randomly selected and notified shortly thereafter. We’ll be following up with more details from +GoogleDevelopers, so stay tuned.

Let us know if you plan on attending the event this year.

Source: Google+