google maps - locations by Bluetooth GPS

pellicle

Oct 23, 2012
Hi

just wondering ... my GPS pairs with it but I'm unable to determine if its using that data. Is there a way to see if the GPS is being used by the tablet?

thanks

Robbo

Sep 8, 2012
There should be settings to disable extra sensors for location and only use GPS.

You could also try a free GPS based app from Play Store to see if it works properly. Something like a speedometer app so you see how fast it updates/performs.

I'd be interested in your findings as I was considering a USB GPS dongle myself :)

pellicle

Oct 23, 2012
There should be settings to disable extra sensors for location and only use GPS.

yes, there should ... I can't see one ...
You could also try a free GPS based app from Play Store to see if it works properly. Something like a speedometer app so you see how fast it updates/performs.

tried that ... seems to not recognise there is any GPS

still, my bluetooth gps "connects" and is "paired" ... unlike my Nokia there is no way to interrogate it and 'see' if its working

so it would seem "nada" is the answer

PS: this is the gps unit I use:

Last edited:

magnet55

Jan 20, 2013
Hi,

I have an identicale gps except the front is labled "tomtom" I have used the app"Bluetooth gps" and found that it communicates and provides gps data, but I can not find any apps that will use the data to navigate. Depending on the app I get a warning that there is no gps. I have read that changing the prop build to gps=true might work. I have not tried this and would be interested in any solutions you might have.

Thanks