got my device rootted

JDICEMAN

Aug 24, 2012
but i can't install google services frame work it says installing but then gives me a X And says google services frame work cannot install and so i can't sync my accounts

or access google play market so having it. Rooted is useless to me. if anyone can solve my problem i would appricate it.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You don't install Google Services Framework like an ordinary app. You have to copy it to the proper directory using either of two options: ADB, or by installing Clockworkmod recovery then installing a precompiled Google Apps package.

JDICEMAN

Aug 24, 2012
You don't install Google Services Framework like an ordinary app. You have to copy it to the proper directory using either of two options: ADB, or by installing Clockworkmod recovery then installing a precompiled Google Apps package.

i am confused a detailed guide might be usefull . i have a coby 7035. tablet

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Since you have a 7035, Clockworkmod is currently not an option, thus you must use ADB.

I will provide a guide, but I do not recommend attempting this or anything more complex unless you have a backup of the ROM, in case something goes wrong. Further, if you're still a bit of a noob when it comes to ADB, I would recommend doing some reading regarding ADB before attempting to do this. I'm saying this now because even though I'm going to provide you this guide I will not be responsible if you manage to brick your tablet while doing this.

Since you already are rooted you most likely have downloaded ADB and used it. I hope you didn't delete it because you're going to need it.

1. Connect your tablet to your computer.
  2. Once the PC and the tablet have finished communicating, open a command prompt or terminal and navigate to the folder where ADB is stored.
  3. Type the following:

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    adb backup -all
    This will back up everything on the tablet into a file named "backup.ab". This file should be located in the current directory. For example, if your ADB executable is in C:\ADB, the backup file will be at C:\ADB\backup.ab. If for some reason you need to restore the backup, type the following:

Code:
    adb restore C:\ADB\backup.ab
  4. Visit Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps using your PC's browser and download the CyanogenMod 9.0.x GApps package.
  5. Open the zip file and extract the files within it to a directory on your hard drive, preferably C:\ADB\GApps simply because it's easy to type.
  6. Type the following in the command prompt or terminal:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    mount

The mount command should return a list of all the mount points on your device. Look down the list for the /system mount point and make a note of which device is mounted at that point.
  7. Once you have the device from the previous step, run the following commands, typing the actual device name in place of [device] in the example below:

Code:
    adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/[device] /system
    adb push C:\ADB\GApps\system system/
    adb reboot
  8. The command prompt will show the progress of what apps are being transferred over and installed. Once the tablet is done rebooting it will prompt you for logging in to your Google account to setup your device. You can simply skip this (Tapping in each corner of the screen starting from the top left going clockwise) or you can proceed with the setup process.

JDICEMAN

Aug 24, 2012
Since you have a 7035, Clockworkmod is currently not an option, thus you must use ADB.

I will provide a guide, but I do not recommend attempting this or anything more complex unless you have a backup of the ROM, in case something goes wrong. Further, if you're still a bit of a noob when it comes to ADB, I would recommend doing some reading regarding ADB before attempting to do this. I'm saying this now because even though I'm going to provide you this guide I will not be responsible if you manage to brick your tablet while doing this.

Since you already are rooted you most likely have downloaded ADB and used it. I hope you didn't delete it because you're going to need it.

1. Connect your tablet to your computer.
  2. Once the PC and the tablet have finished communicating, open a command prompt or terminal and navigate to the folder where ADB is stored.
  3. Type the following:

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    adb backup -all
    This will back up everything on the tablet into a file named "backup.ab". This file should be located in the current directory. For example, if your ADB executable is in C:\ADB, the backup file will be at C:\ADB\backup.ab. If for some reason you need to restore the backup, type the following:

Code:
    adb restore C:\ADB\backup.ab
  4. Visit Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps using your PC's browser and download the CyanogenMod 9.0.x GApps package.
  5. Open the zip file and extract the files within it to a directory on your hard drive, preferably C:\ADB\GApps simply because it's easy to type.
  6. Type the following in the command prompt or terminal:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    mount

The mount command should return a list of all the mount points on your device. Look down the list for the /system mount point and make a note of which device is mounted at that point.
  7. Once you have the device from the previous step, run the following commands, typing the actual device name in place of [device] in the example below:

Code:
    adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/[device] /system
    adb push C:\ADB\GApps\system system/
    adb reboot
  8. The command prompt will show the progress of what apps are being transferred over and installed. Once the tablet is done rebooting it will prompt you for logging in to your Google account to setup your device. You can simply skip this (Tapping in each corner of the screen starting from the top left going clockwise) or you can proceed with the setup process.

i am a noob at this stuff i think it would be easyer for me to just do it Non Root. How Do i go about doing that. ? i unrooted my device tonight. with Z4 Root seeing as how hard it was going to Be I Just think i am better suted geting google play Non Rooted and maybe- re rooting later.

Can I Do that? J/W Because this all seems to complicated for me. and i am just looking for the easyest root possable no pun intended

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Unless you're rooted you can't add files to /system, which is where the Google Apps go. In your case, install Amazon Appstore and call it a day. You'll get more apps than with whatever app store is on the 7035, but not as many as Google Play.

JDICEMAN

Aug 24, 2012
i can go root the device again if needed since you say I Do i will. but I Just don't understand how to Use. ADB Or anything Everyone else seems to get google play non rooted i didn't know if i could or not.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I could be mistaken but I have yet to find a way to write to the system partition without being rooted. The only other way to get Google Play on a device that I know of is to have it preinstalled, meaning a major name brand such as Asus or Samsung.

To make it clear, rooting is mandatory in order to copy files to the system partition. Otherwise the write operation will fail. This applies regardless of whether ADB is used to push the files onto the tablet or a custom recovery like Clockworkmod is used to flash a pre-compiled Google Apps package copied to your MicroSD.

I can't stress this enough: if you don't feel comfortable doing something like this, don't try it until you DO feel comfortable. Bricking the tablet is a very real possibility, which is why I recommended installing Amazon's Appstore.

EDIT: There are guides on how to use ADB all over the Internet, especially at Google. I encourage you to search the net and start reading.

Last edited:

JDICEMAN

Aug 24, 2012
I could be mistaken but I have yet to find a way to write to the system partition without being rooted. The only other way to get Google Play on a device that I know of is to have it preinstalled, meaning a major name brand such as Asus or Samsung.

To make it clear, rooting is mandatory in order to copy files to the system partition. Otherwise the write operation will fail. This applies regardless of whether ADB is used to push the files onto the tablet or a custom recovery like Clockworkmod is used to flash a pre-compiled Google Apps package copied to your MicroSD.

I can't stress this enough: if you don't feel comfortable doing something like this, don't try it until you DO feel comfortable. Bricking the tablet is a very real possibility, which is why I recommended installing Amazon's Appstore.

EDIT: There are guides on how to use ADB all over the Internet, especially at Google. I encourage you to search the net and start reading.

i see root explorer has a paste option and it allows me to access a file called system if thats what your talking about i tried pasting google services framework. in there. and it said warning system not rooted it will fail since the system isnt rooted or something like that. same way with chainfire 3D I Can't get gameloft games to work it says system isn't compatable i guess you have to root n use build prop and chainfire to make it work.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
That file called "system" is actually a folder, but yes, that's what I'm talking about. And...now that you've learned what to do in order to get gameloft games working you can actually attempt it.

JDICEMAN

Aug 24, 2012
That file called "system" is actually a folder, but yes, that's what I'm talking about. And...now that you've learned what to do in order to get gameloft games working you can actually attempt it.

ok i re - rooted it and am useing chain fire root explorer and lucky patch so i need to know can i paste Google services frame work over there in the system folder with root explorer and it will be fine?

or do i have to do the ADB And all you talked about

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If it's anything like my copying framework-res.apk over to /system/framework, you'll want to set the permissions of the framework file before physically moving it to /system/app. With root explorer you should have an option on a right-click menu to change the permissions. Set them to rw-r--r-- and reboot.

I don't see any reason why using root explorer to move the file into its proper place wouldn't work, but you still want to have a backup made of your tablet since there is a possibility of the tablet bootlooping (replaying the starting animation over and over again) when you reboot.

JDICEMAN

Aug 24, 2012
If it's anything like my copying framework-res.apk over to /system/framework, you'll want to set the permissions of the framework file before physically moving it to /system/app. With root explorer you should have an option on a right-click menu to change the permissions. Set them to rw-r--r-- and reboot.

I don't see any reason why using root explorer to move the file into its proper place wouldn't work, but you still want to have a backup made of your tablet since there is a possibility of the tablet bootlooping (replaying the starting animation over and over again) when you reboot.

UPDATE It didn't work. so i can't do that with root explorer. Also I Found a Few gameloft games in 1moble market. and i Can't get them to work. i know you have to Use Chainfire 3d and Build prop on some. but am not intirely sure. How

any guide on how and I Found another way to get the apps i am looking for. or at least the ones i want in google play. I Am only rooting this now. to play gameloft games. so can u help me. with that.

I Hear its not to complicated . lol

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I wish I could, but I don't own a 7035. As clearly shown in my profile I own a 9742, which is far easier to root and have a custom recovery installed to.

JDICEMAN

Aug 24, 2012
I wish I could, but I don't own a 7035. As clearly shown in my profile I own a 9742, which is far easier to root and have a custom recovery installed to.

hey that's ok lol you helped me alot. even though i can't get google play i can still get games. i learned the . apk way. it works out ok. and i also added a antivirus thing trough. Amazon.

Not taking any chances I Rememberd how i did things on my palm pixie smartphone in geting games. lol but chainfire 3D Works out just fine. i am not messing with too much else.

because i don't want to brick my device.