Haipad M701-R Review and questions -lots of them

Discussion in 'Telechips TCC8902 Tablets' started by javiermi, Oct 17, 2010.

1. javiermi

javiermi Member

I have just received what eugo.com described as an Haipad M701-R ( no names on the tablet whatsoever)
    I used to have an Eken M701, and this one is miles ahead: better build, more responsive, longer battery, and much more powerful.
    I still feel this is an unfinished product, lots of hangs, reboots, etc, that's why I have some questions for your guys:
    - Can I flash its current firmware with the AsuRom available here in this forum?, will I miss any functionality ( like multitouch)
    - How can I get root access?
    - Is it possible to use flash 10? , and how to
    - I have problems with accelerometer and orientation seems to be reversed, how can I fix this?
    - When I plug my PC onto usb port, it is detected, but I cannot see the files neither the PC or the tablet. A similar thing happens when I plug a usb drive using the provided OTG cable I get a message saying "preparing mass storage", but how do I access it?

Sorry if I ask so many questions, but as this is a new device, I'm not sure they have been answered yet
    Thanks

2. iamdestruktor

iamdestruktor Member

Tablet / Device:
    HAIPAD G10
    I think some, if not all of those questions can be found from other forums on this site. Try using the search at the top. I'd try and help if i ever got my tablet!!!

3. xaueious

xaueious Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    1) update to the proper one for the device
    2) root using universial and root, or simply push files from adb
    3) flash lite, but it isn't very useful: Flash on Spica (browser too) « Samsung Galaxy Spica Firmwares & Stuff
    4) there's an sqlite fix for this somewhere that might work.
    5) not quite sure

try to get the newest firmware off haipad.net