Hello, New to all this need help with how to update Coby MID8024

safesinger

Oct 23, 2011
As title states i'm new to doing this and have no clue how to update 8024 to Android 2.3 instead of using the stock 2.2.

What i'm looking for is a tuutorial on this i'm guessing from what i've read so far I must 1st root the tablet and this I have never done either.

Is there any links to how to do this stuff? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have been reading about it on these forums but mostly I see where to get the custom ROMs but nothiong on how to do it.

Thanks.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
The way we do this is based off the instructions on the Coby website.

1. Format a BLANK micro sd to fat 32.
2. Download the ROM of choice (http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...opment/24607-cfw-nefarious-bread-mid8024.html) is a good one.
3. unzip it and then put the contents of that folder on the blank microsd card. (it shoudl have a few files and folders. not just a single folder)
4. turn off your device.
5. Insert the SD card
6. Hold the round Home button and the power button till the logo comes up and you see some words on teh screen then RELEASE ALL BUTTONS immediately.
7. From there, let it work its magic till it shuts off for more than 20 seconds. you are done. boot into your new rom.

at least that is what I do when I do my Kyros 1024.

safesinger

Oct 23, 2011
Thanks I really appreciate the replys. Cool I understand now it's a basic rom flash someone just took the Coby 8024 rom and added the newer Android OS to it.
I want to use the CFW - Nefarious-Bread - MID8024 if I decide to flash back to stock after will this be able to be done? Or am I stuck with the one I added only ask because it may be a downgrade and it may not allow me to reflash to stock.

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Normally you can downgrade, tablets don't have a locked bootloader like cell phones. If you can't downgrade or upgrade for some reason, you should see a warning somewhere stating it.

safesinger

Oct 23, 2011
Updated with Nefarious Bread -8024 no issues so far almost everything is working.
Seems much faster although I am unable to download some things from Market Place that I used to be able to. No biggie i'll just download via PC and install that way.
Market Place downloads are fine but browser downloads fail say "Download Unsuccessful" all of them fail I am at a loss on this issue any suggestions?

I greatly appreciate all the help/answers from everyone that replied to my thread.
Was nice being new to a scene and not getting flammed or looked down upon.

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Market Place downloads are fine but browser downloads fail say "Download Unsuccessful" all of them fail I am at a loss on this issue any suggestions?

Try this:
- Go to Settings -> Applications;
- Look for GoogleServicesFramework and Market, tap on each of them and then on "Clear data";
- Reboot tablet and try again.

safesinger

Oct 23, 2011
Thanks got downloads to work now. But HBOGo,MAXGo & HULU Plus no longer work is there a fix for this?
I read there is a setting prior to updating to the nefarious so Market Place makes more apps available. I noticed the 3 apps I listed are no longer in Market Place and they used to be there. Curious if this is why they no longer work?

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Change LCD density to 160 (or 140 if it doesn't work, depending on your Market version). Check LCD resolution from Market for an easy way to do it, clear Market's data if you chance LCD density (you just need to do it once, then reboot and Market should still work).

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Glad you have got it working. You may wish to ask the more ROM specific questions to the ROm developer in that particular thread.