help getting Cifs Manager working on a 1126 (7022)

alkmie

Oct 19, 2012
As the title suggest I need help getting cifs manager working.

I pretty sure i need

cifs.ko

slow-work.ko

and am also running ntfs shares so might need a file for that also

Not sure if this is possible anyone else have any ideas useful information?

*edit if these files haven't been made yet Ive read they can be built using the kernal or firmware of the device I forget which (ill have to do some more reading)

I will pay $10 via paypal to anyone that can get cifs working on my 1126... Thanks in advance

Last edited:

alkmie

Oct 19, 2012
I believe I am looking for the kernel source for version 2.6.35.7? is this file available or can I get them from the rom image (I wouldnt think so) any help would be appreciated

for those that dont know cifs manager allows you to mount windows shares (SMB) as if they wore on the device itself

I used the cifs.ko files here http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=536976&d=1299610024

but get mount: No such device error in cifs manager (so im doubting they are compiled from the right source)

*Edit I emailed coby asking for the kernel source. I doubt I get them, but I will try Telechip if I dont. I read telechip only sells them to devs for like 5000 dollars (this blows if this is true)

anyways without these files it would be impossible to compile what I need unless anyone knows of a rom update that has cifs built in?

Last edited: