Help me decide which one is best for me...????

cesarcal

Nov 30, 2011
Ok so I have decided to buy my kids tablets fro Christmas since they are always asking for mine or my wifes phones to play games. I am looking at the following ones and am unsure if any of these will do what I need. I am looking for them to play Angry Birds and most kids games off the market. A plus would be either Slacker or Pandora so they can listen to musinc while on long drives and such or even at home.

Coby Model#: MID7012-4G Walmart.com: Coby Kryos 7" Color Touchscreen Tablet PC & eBook Reader Featuring Android 2.3 Operating System: Computers
Pandigital -PRD07T20WBL7
Coby Model#: MID7016-4G
Maylong M250 Shop for this Maylong 7" Tablet PC with Android operating system at Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.

jillmmax

Nov 15, 2011
Ok so I have decided to buy my kids tablets fro Christmas since they are always asking for mine or my wifes phones to play games. I am looking at the following ones and am unsure if any of these will do what I need. I am looking for them to play Angry Birds and most kids games off the market. A plus would be either Slacker or Pandora so they can listen to musinc while on long drives and such or even at home.

Coby Model#: MID7012-4G Walmart.com: Coby Kryos 7" Color Touchscreen Tablet PC & eBook Reader Featuring Android 2.3 Operating System: Computers
Pandigital -PRD07T20WBL7
Maylong M250 Shop for this Maylong 7" Tablet PC with Android operating system at Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.

I am buying 3 tablets for the same reason (kids wanting to use apps). I had it narrowed down to a generic MID on ebay ($89) and the Maylong M-250 at Walmart ($99). I hesitated to buy the Ebay tablet because the return policy isn't as good as Walmart, but I was very curious - so I decided to buy 1 of each to see which I liked better. The Ebay tablet (4g Android 2.2 os) arrived last week and worked right out of the box...came with US Android Market - and I was playing Angry Birds within 10 minutes.

The Maylong arrived yesterday. It does not come with Andriod Market - it comes with some other very limited App market and Amazon App Market. When I tried to install Angry Birds (original) from the Amazon App market, it didn't work - so I called Amazon..they told me that the device is not compatable with Angry Birds. It IS compatable with Angry Birds Seasons -- but I didn't try to install it b/c you need an SD card - and I don't have one yet. Not to mention, my kids REALLY like Angry Birds original.
So... I'll be returning the Maylong to Walmart and buying 2 more of the Ebay tablets. Here's the item number for the Ebay Mid: 280771984291
It's a US seller with 100% positive feedback. It does come with a warrenty - but it seems like if you have a problem, it needs to be sent to China. I've had it for almost a week and have played with it every day - downloaded Apps and it seems fine. Youtube videos work well. I haven't tried much else yet though. Keeping my fingers crossed. You can PM me if you have any questions.

Daphne

Nov 22, 2011
Jillmmax, can you get the amazon market on the mid, kindle and nook apps and netflix? I am also looking to buy for kids for Christmas and would love an easy out of the box experience. Also is it touch restrictive?
I did ask the seller the same questions and will let you know what the answers from the seller are.

Last edited:

cesarcal

Nov 30, 2011
I am buying 3 tablets for the same reason (kids wanting to use apps). I had it narrowed down to a generic MID on ebay ($89) and the Maylong M-250 at Walmart ($99). I hesitated to buy the Ebay tablet because the return policy isn't as good as Walmart, but I was very curious - so I decided to buy 1 of each to see which I liked better. The Ebay tablet (4g Android 2.2 os) arrived last week and worked right out of the box...came with US Android Market - and I was playing Angry Birds within 10 minutes.

The Maylong arrived yesterday. It does not come with Andriod Market - it comes with some other very limited App market and Amazon App Market. When I tried to install Angry Birds (original) from the Amazon App market, it didn't work - so I called Amazon..they told me that the device is not compatable with Angry Birds. It IS compatable with Angry Birds Seasons -- but I didn't try to install it b/c you need an SD card - and I don't have one yet. Not to mention, my kids REALLY like Angry Birds original.
So... I'll be returning the Maylong to Walmart and buying 2 more of the Ebay tablets. Here's the item number for the Ebay Mid: 280771984291
It's a US seller with 100% positive feedback. It does come with a warrenty - but it seems like if you have a problem, it needs to be sent to China. I've had it for almost a week and have played with it every day - downloaded Apps and it seems fine. Youtube videos work well. I haven't tried much else yet though. Keeping my fingers crossed. You can PM me if you have any questions.

How long did it take to sship the MID and also is the unit resistive or capacitive?
it is also showing it has a camera. Is this correct?

Last edited:

Daphne

Nov 22, 2011
Please be aware that this is a very BASIC and entry level tablet. It does have a soft screen, and it supports the US android market. It comes with Angry birds already installed and you may download any other apps you need from the app market as long as you do not exceed the available memory. You cannot stream Netflix using this tablet.

That was the response from the seller hope it helps oh and it was this one 7" Google Android 2.2 ( 4GB ) MID VIA 8650 Tablet PC Epad W CASE WiFi 7 INCH NEW | eBay

jillmmax

Nov 15, 2011
Jillmmax, can you get the amazon market on the mid, kindle and nook apps and netflix? I am also looking to buy for kids for Christmas and would love an easy out of the box experience. Also is it touch restrictive?
I did ask the seller the same questions and will let you know what the answers from the seller are.

It does have a camera. I will try to check Kindle, Nook, and Netflix tonight and get back to you. It ships from US, so it only took a couple days to be delivered. Mine did NOT have Angry Birds installed when I got it - but since the Andriod Market was installed on it, I easily downloaded it - and have played it.

I haven't removed the protective plastic covering the screen - it works with my fingertips (even with the protective cover) - but I'm sure a stylus would work better. I have watched a couple youtube videos and that worked fine.

jillmmax

Nov 15, 2011
also - just FYI...I spent hours today trying to download android market onto the Maylong - to no avail. At one point I managed to get the files downloaded, but they wouldn't install. It may be able to be rooted -but I have never done anything like that before and it scares me!

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
And that they wear out faster from having to press on them harder then capacitive touch ones do. At least that's what my research is showing me, can you confirm that for us Tom, or anyone who has experience with this subject? :)

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011

Pandigital -PRD07T20WBL7
Actually, the second one you mentioned above is on sale for $82 with shipping in our site: Top Quality 7inch Touch Screen Wi-Fi Google Android 2.2 tablet PC VIA8650 800Mhz - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
and you may find more of your interest here(most of them are under $200): Android Tablet PC .
Good luck!:)

jillmmax

Nov 15, 2011

Kindle works...I didn't try nook. I was able to download the netflix app - and then I remembered that my acct doesn't include streaming, so I couldn't test it out!! Sorry!

cesarcal

Nov 30, 2011
Well I pulled the trigger on these and ordered 3 for my kids and nephew. I will post up next week one i actually receive them and give them a whirl.