help me for meep tablet

mike1983

Jul 3, 2013
i have e meep kids tablet it OS android 4.0 form company oregon scientific
i have problem my tablet is freezing on meep word like this picture i will attach pic
it have CPU ( ARM Cortex-A8 )
note : it don't have vol key like many tablet it have only power key
i tried to make rest hard but i can't
please help me it you can

$meep.jpg

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum, nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm afraid there are very few forum members who are familiar with that tablet. Have you tried contacting Oregon Scientific?

mike1983

Jul 3, 2013
Thanks sir for greeting yes i was contacte with oregon Scientific but they don't have solve only tell me.. Please go to agent but I'm living in lebanon in middle East so we don't have agent.. So now i trying if can i install android os on this tablet...there are any person to help me about that

MeepTablet

Jul 6, 2013
i have e meep kids tablet it OS android 4.0 form company oregon scientific
i have problem my tablet is freezing on meep word like this picture i will attach pic
it have CPU ( ARM Cortex-A8 )
note : it don't have vol key like many tablet it have only power key
i tried to make rest hard but i can't
please help me it you can

View attachment 11059

Hello from Meep Tablet's support crew! This is a hardware issue that we have seen happening recently. The first thing to try is fully rebooting the Meep; sliding the power switch fully off and then back on again. There is also a reset button on the back of the Meep that can sometimes resolve the issue. If neither of those works, we are unable to troubleshoot it remotely as it's considered a hardware defect. If you are in the area of one of our call centres, they would be able to assist you in the next steps- but we have no call centre in or near Lebanon, I am sorry. You could perhaps contact the UK centre as the nearest, but they would only be able to provide general advice since you are out of their service area. Normally in this case, we would say to go back to your retailer where you purchased the Meep for assistance. Let them know that you are experiencing a hardware defect and you need to see about replacing the tablet. They will then be able to coordinate through Oregon Scientific through their distribution channel. If by chance you ordered the Meep through OS's website, the US call center would be the ones to work with.

MeepTablet

Jul 6, 2013
Thanks sir for greeting yes i was contacte with oregon Scientific but they don't have solve only tell me.. Please go to agent but I'm living in lebanon in middle East so we don't have agent.. So now i trying if can i install android os on this tablet...there are any person to help me about that

Hi again, Mike. It sounds like you received the right advice... to go back to where you purchased the Meep. That is what they meant by 'agent'- you must have purchased it at some store unless you purchased it online. If it was an online retailer like Amazon, they are your agent that you would go to. If it was OS's website, the US call center will need to coordinate something, but if it was any physical or online retailer (store), they are your agent- your point of contact and they will have distribution channels with which to work this out with OS. If it was the OS website, please email the US call center and tell them that you did purchase it online through their site.

No, you cannot install any other Android OS on the Meep... according to Product Development.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Doesn't the device come with a recovery? usually booting into recovery mode and doing a factory reset fixes most of these problems, on android provided the device has a recovery.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
usb debugging turned off?
If not you might be able to use adb and force the tablet into recovery mode.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I looked at meep website the tablet clearly has a recovery mode, the tablet receives updates via OTA, which means the tablet downloads the update boots into recovery mode and installs the update, how to manually get the tablet into recovery mode is the trick.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Ok I downloaded the update for the meep, this is an allwinner tablet, it appears to go into recovery mode by finding a update.zip on the root of the sdcard.