HELP with getting tablet to work!

Meg3

Dec 31, 2011
Hi. Just got my son a tablet for Christmas (2nd hand). Seems very nice and all, but can't seem to do anything on it and he is VERY disappointed! I don't actually even know the brand. Model # says generic. Firmware version 1.6. Build # WMT2.0_105. Somewhere I read that is fake and no good. What does that mean? What can I do? Basically it all looks fine except that it shows I'm connected to the internet, but won't open anything. Why is this? The other weird thing is is that we charge it and the battery runs out in no time at all. Any thoughts? Thanks so much!

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
First its not fake, Android is a free OS so an body can use it but what some people think is if its not a name brand tablet then its fake, but thats not true. The internet connection could be a software issue with your tablet sense it is a second hand tablet or it might just be that it doesn't like your wireless router. Have you tried connecting on a different router?

Sent from my Vizio Tab/ Universal Remote

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Your battery issue is most likely because cell standby is searching for a signal because budget tablet models typically use older phone-only versions of Android, but they don't bother to go in and disable the telephony aspects of the OS. The device "thinks" it's a phone and is searching for a cell signal that it will never receive because it doesn't have a cellular radio in the hardware.

Sent from my DROIDX running MIUI

nich36

Dec 31, 2011
hi i've just brought an android 2.2 mid pc tablet problem is i can't get a signal or even use it wireless please help