help!

Glamgem

Jul 11, 2013
hello,
I'm looking to buy a cheap tablet for my Autistic son.The one I can afford is Hipstreet 7" 4GB Aurora Tablet with Wi-Fi (HS-7DTB6-4GB) - Black or d2PAD 7" 4GB Android 4.1 Tablet with Rockchip 2928 Processor.

this is specifically for a 16 hour plane trip and he likes to watch you tube videos.My question is
a, Can I download You tube on either of these tablet?
b, can it support real player or something to watch videos.
Any helpful advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks~

Robyski

Mar 14, 2012
Glamgem,

For YouTube videos, there is an app called "FREEdi YouTube Downloader" available on Amazon's Appstore. It will allow you to save most, but not all, YouTube videos to your tablet.

I think you're looking at the BestBuy website? Looking at the specs of the two models, I'd choose the d2 pad model d2-721. The d2-721 has twice the RAM memory, 512MB vs. 1GB, so it will run smoother and faster. It also has a little better screen resolution. I purchased several of the older d2 models last Christmas, and they have been a hit.

Both of the models you mention only have a 3000mAh battery, so you'll probably only get 2-3 hours of video use between charges. Just playing games like Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, or Where's my Water with WiFi OFF will get you more time.

Both Amazon and BigLots have the D2-721 tablet pretty cheap. I think it's only 69.99 at BigLots right now. It's in-store only...no online purchase available.

One drawback to the d2 might be the app storage capacity. The d2 only has 4GB built-in, but the Hipstreet has 8GB. That is easily fixed by buying a microSD card. Both models have a microSD slot for adding more storage if needed.

If you have issues with the d2 Pad, they have an office based in the U.S. Their warranty and support staff have an 800 number. They are also on Facebook. For a decent kid's tablet for less than 100.00, I would choose the d2-721.

You can get more info about the d2 Pads on their website www.d2pad.info .

Robyski

Robyski

Mar 14, 2012
Another option might be the Nextbook 7" tablet at Walmart for 69.99. I don't know about the brand, but it seems to get good reviews on the Walmart website. It also has 1GB or RAM to keep everything running smooth. It has 8GB of storage built in. Google Play is already installed too. That gives you a lot more apps to choose from! You might want to consider the 2-yr replacement plan too. It covers drops, spills and cracked screens!

Robyski