Helping a friend fix their G-tab. Stuck in CWM

Mercrae

Jan 25, 2012
Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster.

First off you guys have an amazing knowledge base here so I'm hoping that can be of use for me.

My friend recently bought a used Viewsonic G-tab and was loving it. Recently everything started force closing on her and yesterday she turned it on and it won't do anything but show the birds, and then boot to CWM. Now it's the orange text CWM so i'm not sure if it's the same as for android phones or not, if so I know that's the newer version. I've never really messed with the g-tab before but have become a flashing fiend on my droid x so i'm relatively familiar with the steps.

Basically, I'm just curious what steps I need to take in order to get this working for her again.

I've done some searching and research but I keep seeing differing options on what to do so I figured I'd explain my situation specifically and see what input i received. I've seen NVFlash, stuff about APX mode, etc.

My fear is, I'm not sure how much battery is left on the tablet and I don't want to permabrick it due to dead battery. Will it charge without booting up and/or in APX mode?

HELP! :)