Hi everyone, Noob here,I have a (teenager) pin locked hannspad sn70t3. Can u help me?

freoch

Jan 16, 2013
I am a regular reader of the site but had not registered due to my very limited knowledge. I have been asked by a friend to see can i unlock this hannspad as his daughter locked it the day after christmas and forgot the password. I have tried using adb but it seems that usb debugging is not enabled on the tablet.The google method is also not an option. It says on the website to hold the + and power button(for 5 seconds) to bring up the hidden menu but this does not work. Maybe im doin the last thing wrong. I am holding them on the password unlock screen is this correct? Any help would be gretly appreciated as when i contacted hannspee they were charging 35 pounds stirling just to pick it up.
Thanks in advance.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us.

What you are attempting to do may work but only if you do it with the tablet powered down first. Give that a shot.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Lee is correct, the power should be OFF when you start out.

Make sure the tablet is OFF.
Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time.
When the Android starts to flash, release the buttons.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Just so you'll know, Mr. Spider, that would be volume down on my tablet, up would put me in APX mode. (just an FYI)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
That is one of the major complaints I have with Google. They should have had hardware reset as a standard. It's far from it.

freoch

Jan 16, 2013
Thanks to everyone for responding. I have done what was suggested and i keep getting the android lying down with the red triangle and exclamation mark. It wont boot to the recovery menu. Im driven to distraction at this stage. I managed to get adb to communicate with the tablet through terminal while the red triangle android was on the screen , i also used that to reboot to the recovery memory which it attempted with the same result (lying down red triangle man).
As i said usb debugging appears to be off. Does this mean i cannot flash it with a custom firmware like hannstitan. Please be aware that though it might look like i know what i am talking about i am a complete noob to flashing adb etc , ive just been reading your site for a few days, so please use laymans terms. Thank you.